2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheWife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48 hours in, we've maintained colors and polyp extension. @Tex11
Serious In Love GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Voltage.jpg
Afterburner.jpg
Electrolyte 2.jpg

Wuzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order coming tuesday, should I take out any leathers? I have what I think is a devils hand or short polyped toadstool and some cabbage leather, but I'm worried about people saying that they release chemicals that could harm acros

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My order coming tuesday, should I take out any leathers? I have what I think is a devils hand or short polyped toadstool and some cabbage leather, but I'm worried about people saying that they release chemicals that could harm acros
A lot of people have them together, some run carbon to help with it. Some people have issues some people don't.

How large is the tank?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are. Running a lot of carbon and quite a distance away
On the bright side..I recalibrated my Trident PH probe..low and behold I was reading 0.2 PH lower that actual. So all of my worries about 7.7 PH was not well founded. Now that PH is out of the question...jeez...what else could it be!!!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You should be fine if you run carbon. I have chemipure blue at all times. I had two leathers, but moved one to the frag tank. Just one Fiji Yellow leather now. Allopathy is thing, but just some carbon will be fine. I have lots of different corals and assume things are releasing chemical warfare, but haven't had issues.

Wuzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine if you run carbon. I have chemipure blue at all times. I had two leathers, but moved one to the frag tank. Just one Fiji Yellow leather now. Allopathy is thing, but just some carbon will be fine. I have lots of different corals and assume things are releasing chemical warfare, but haven't had issues.
Alright cool, I always have chemipure blue in my tank too

Wuzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd run carbon and not to place them together. Maybe even put the leathers downwind of the Acros.

But that's my opinion, under a year of reef keeping.
Sounds good, leathers all at the bottom, the cabbage leather used to be huge but for the past couple months its been suffering, not sure why because the other one is doing amazing

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Tex11 and @TheWife I don't mind loaning out a par meter. I just bought one, I'll get it Tuesday from BRS. I generally assume the best from people and think reefers on this forum, particularly those that engage in SBB threads are good people. PM me, also give me a week to run tests on my tank :)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd run carbon and not to place them together. Maybe even put the leathers downwind of the Acros.

But that's my opinion, under a year of reef keeping.
Lol, In a tank that size, there isn't a "downwind" of anything. I have a 32 gallon, don't stress it. Chemipure blue will be fine.

Wuzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, In a tank that size, there isn't a "downwind" of anything. I have a 32 gallon, don't stress it. Chemipure blue will be fine.
Dove into pretty much everything except acros yet so this sale is getting me into them, don't mind about growth or color right now, more just keeping them alive

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Tex11 and @TheWife I don't mind loaning out a par meter. I just bought one, I'll get it Tuesday from BRS. I generally assume the best from people and think reefers on this forum, particularly those that engage in SBB threads are good people. PM me, also give me a week to run tests on my tank :)
Also this extends out to the other regulars on these threads. I'm getting an Apogee 510mq. I basically consider the Corals Admittedly folks to be my reef club. @billyocean @Rennurdoar @stoney7713 @steveschuerger @Thuan @StatelineReefer @tbrown3589 @mww00ds @CodyBot and anyone else.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't agree more! And thank for the offer..that's awesome. Fortunately there are several available near me to use.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back