2013 Etrc Frag Swap

spike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was great to meet you and your wife Glenn,hope the childrens program ya'll got going get some good use out of those corals I gave ya,if I can help in any way ya'll holler at me,its all about the kids to pass this hobby on.

Hi this is Kim Glenns wife. The kids loved the corals, They are learning so much, Today they learned about coral placement, and what corals can sting others. Its so cool to see kids get excited about learning. Thanks so much for the corals. It was nice meeting you and all the others.

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so glad that the kids enjoyed them,it was good to meet a reefer that is from Ga. and actually knew where Dacula,Ga. was.Hope to see ya'll next year,take care. Buddy Curtis :typing:

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of suggestions for the next swap....kinda brainstorming...

1) Ask attending vendors if they'd like to donate any frags, to be raffled off or maybe auctioned earlier in the day. This may be a good way to give them a bit of spotlight time during the swap...perhaps let them come up and tell what they have to auction or raffle, talk about their company and such, then proceed. Especially, at towards the end of the swap, I would have donated several things to be auctioned or raffled.
2) Do the raffle earlier, so that its end doesn't signify the end of the swap, in effect. I noticed that after the raffle, the buyers took that as time to leave, and there was still about 30 minutes or so left. ...or maybe that's best because of time that we had to be out. I don't know.
3) I liked when Eddie announced that a couple venders were discounting corals. Perhaps we could expand on that...announce 30min specials or whatever vendors need during the swap....kinda like bluelight specials. For example, announce that Spike's doing BOGO zoas for the next 20 mins...or whatever. This also gives venders a little bit more spotlight and attention.

And please....don't take any of this as criticism, because I had a great time and I think everybody else did. This is not an attack on anybody, their ideas, or anything like that... just thinking of rough ideas that maybe others can discuss and refine into something better...or maybe even tell why the idea simply won't work.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of suggestions for the next swap....kinda brainstorming...

1) Ask attending vendors if they'd like to donate any frags, to be raffled off or maybe auctioned earlier in the day. This may be a good way to give them a bit of spotlight time during the swap...perhaps let them come up and tell what they have to auction or raffle, talk about their company and such, then proceed. Especially, at towards the end of the swap, I would have donated several things to be auctioned or raffled.
2) Do the raffle earlier, so that its end doesn't signify the end of the swap, in effect. I noticed that after the raffle, the buyers took that as time to leave, and there was still about 30 minutes or so left. ...or maybe that's best because of time that we had to be out. I don't know.
3) I liked when Eddie announced that a couple venders were discounting corals. Perhaps we could expand on that...announce 30min specials or whatever vendors need during the swap....kinda like bluelight specials. For example, announce that Spike's doing BOGO zoas for the next 20 mins...or whatever. This also gives venders a little bit more spotlight and attention.

And please....don't take any of this as criticism, because I had a great time and I think everybody else did. This is not an attack on anybody, their ideas, or anything like that... just thinking of rough ideas that maybe others can discuss and refine into something better...or maybe even tell why the idea simply won't work.

I like some of those ideas, certainly worth exploring. A silent auction would be cool..

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like some of those ideas, certainly worth exploring. A silent auction would be cool..

Good idea. Maybe allow venders and members to auction corals...for their profit...or donation. then on the raffle... lets say im a vendor and I donate a frag. The raffle box says my name and the raffle number. Prospective winners have to visit my table to see if they want to put tickets in for that coral.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone and everyone is welcome and encouraged to come up with helpful ideas.

With that said, I definitely think the club should consider moving the day of the swap to the fall.

Unfortunately I will not be a BOD member next year but I will gladly help in any way I can!

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better weather for hauling and setup...fall would be better. And fewer people busy with ballgames and other things.

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with you though. Is go to a swap every month if I could. I'm gonna be searching for one to travel to around October or November.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with you though. Is go to a swap every month if I could. I'm gonna be searching for one to travel to around October or November.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Matt, the SC frag swap is coming up in September. They had a super huge turnout and I think they will repeat it again.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Columbia SC is 4.5hrs away... hmmmm... maybe I can get free and a couple people can get together and carpool.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go, but I'm not sure I can afford it after my move to Nashville.

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tell the wife's ya got a work conference in Columbia S.C. and it would be a business trip.... lol
I told mine we are going to the GO GO Girls club. Hahahahaha , then she said I want to go. Then I had to say , sorry honey . It a guys day out trip. Lol

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm down for a trip to columbia in the fall. maybe catch the 'ole ball coach in action! getting beat!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back