2014 New England Frag Farmer's Market Info/Invite

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Once again the E.O. Smith Coral Project will be hosting the Frag Farmer's Market, 2104 edition! It has grown into the biggest swap in New England, drawing people from as far as Pennsylvania and beyond.
I already have a bunch of the old sellers already signed up and a few new ones have already contacted me to get in on the FFM. As usual the event will be at the school and similar to previous years. The raffle gets bigger each year and I will be doing more of the Frag Farmer Gift Certificates as part of the raffle. I'm hoping to do them every 1/2 hour this year! I do have a few other new tricks to make this year better than last. I am looking into expanding into more rooms to make more room for more sellers and spread out the tables we have per room.
I am also looking to get more of our local farmer's to set-up tanks and sell their stuff. The set-up fee is low and the set-up is very informal to make it so that the little guy, or girl, can set up a tank and sell their corals next to some of the bigger stores. The whole idea behind the FFM was to give you guys a chance to sell your stuff no matter how small your set-up is. We had over 500 people come last year, and that was with a blizzard the day before, so I am looking forward to even more this year. If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I can give you details. I'd love to have more of crowd from the surrounding area come out and make a few $ selling their homegrown frags. I get quite a few of the people who come in from quite a ways and they always come back the following year. I am sure you won't be disappointed.
Lastly, if you guys could do me a favor and SPREAD THE WORD. I don't really advertise the event but rather rely on word of mouth to let people know about it. I'll be posting it in most of the local boards in the next few days and getting word out that way, but feel free to post it anywhere you don't see it. Just check and make sure the club, or group, is cool with you posting the info first.
I'll post updates as we get closer to the date.
Let me know if you have questions-
Jon

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FFM is getting HUGE this year. I am over 40 "vendors" already, which is where we ended last year. If you have not put it on your calendars, it looks to be worth the trip out this year for sure!

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome event!!! Mind blowing amount off coral and frags under one roof! Great place to meet fellow reefers and gain knowledge too!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words Mike!
We are expanding this year into 10 rooms and it looks like they will all be filled up by the time all is said and done. There will be more corals here for that day than ANYONE knows what to do with!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, always glad to see people coming in from far away. If you have not been, you will not be disappointed!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of two days ago, the FFM spots for vendors is FULL. I have a whopping 50 sellers for corals this year and quite a few "dry goods" vendors as well that will be in the hall. I did a little quick math ... that is ALOT of corals that will be for sale that day. If only I knew of some people who would be interested in a huge selection of corals at great prices...

I'm cleaning up the list and getting it ready to "release." I should have it up in a few days!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the bump!
I am just waiting on the last person to let me know who will be setting up with them (one of the clubs who sponsored a table) and I will have it done! Should only be a few days, I hope....

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I think I have it...FINALLY
Here is the seller list for the FFM!
I apologize now for screwing up someone's name and definitely someone's home state. I might have guessed on one or two...

Seller State
10sojs - CT
A+A Corals (Formerly- Anthony27) NYC
Aquadreams MA
Aquatic X-celelnce NJ
aznnutty's saltwater connections OH
Bigcapct CT
Capcept/BfishLpond78/FRivera CT
CDMAS Sponsor NY
Chriskid CT
Colorful corals NY
CullyisGully LI
Dankacedium MD
Designer Corals CT
Dvetran CT
E.O. Smith Coral Project CT
Emessier CT
Exotic Fish and Corals CT
Exotic Reef Creations MD
Fins Aquarium NY
Frank180Reef MA
Gotham Aquatics NYC
Greg Hiller BRS
Hammer NH
ijamcorals MD
Jason Foxx MD
jgraz NJ
knockOUT Aquatics LLC PA
Kwong1998 NYC
Love the Reef BRS
Mass Reef Care MA
Matt Spaulding VT
MetroKat NY
MO~Idol (Steve) NYC
MrsDubs NYC
Pablo NYC
Pacific East Aquaculture MD
Phil Quindara NY
R+R Aquatics NYC
Reef Creations NYC
Sassawrasse CT
Shayna 123 CT
Shector/Bubbabobobbrain CT
Smiz NY
Suicideissleep CT
The Coral Reef CT
Tinygiant (Chris) NH
Upstate Corals NY
UsefulIdiot CT
Vermont Aquatics VT
xclusive corals NJ
Zooanthids.com UT
Zybergoby NY

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This event is like the opposite of those nightmares you have that your back in high school and you can't find your locker/homework... Lol!
Imagine room after room after room of corals and other goodies! You can spend hours just giving everything the once over before you even buy anything.
If your within a 2 hours drive this can not missed!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news, bad news...
Bad news, it's not free. Good news, it's only a buck to get in. The "entrance fee" is new this year and I am planning to just throw most it back into the raffle in the form of Frag Farmers Gift Certificates.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back