• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

250 watt 48" Giesemann Spectra with ballasts

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$500 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

For Sale one of my Giesemann Spectra lights. It has a dent at one end and is missing a few end screws and I ran it without the T5 plastic covers and so unfortunately lost them but otherwise it's in perfect condition. This is the light I used to create my last awesome reef shown below. I only used it for approximately 2 years before trying PacSun LEDs which I hated and then ATI Powermodules which I have now. It has been in storage in my basement for 4 years. I LOVED how Radiums grew coral and looked in the daytime, but I love the dawn/dusk with blue LEDs even more. The bulbs have about 3 months on them and include 2 x 250 watt Radiums and 4 x 54 watt ATI Blue+. I modded the wiring so the T5 bulbs are paired outer 2 and inner 2 to allow for pseudo dawn dusk. I also had this modded with a Hydra 26 in the middle and it was amazing, but I took out the Hydra to use for another project, but I highly recommend trying it out if you've got the finances or find a good deal on an old Hydra 26. Includes one new extra Radium and hanging kit.

Hydra Mod

T5 Mod

IMG_0591.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG

Hydra.Mod.jpeg

IMG_0151_zpsm23zdvir.JPG

2017.Zenith.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet. It was dented by UPS, but I took money instead of a new fixture. It could easily be straightened but I never bothered.

IMG_5067.JPG
IMG_2314.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.1%
Back