OP
OP
david@wegetkraken

david@wegetkraken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Star Wars themed tank!! I bow down to your fandom Sir!!! I just 3D printed the Death Star surface (188 hrs total) and was going to hang it above my tank but the wife-boss said no..so it's now in my office...:confused:
995489DC-F88B-47DB-B4EC-63073B8DE572.jpeg
Nice!

OP
OP
david@wegetkraken

david@wegetkraken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed dual Maxspect Gyre XF350s today. Easily push tons of water all the way across this seven foot tank. Probably overkill for a predator tank, but I like flexibility in my equipment in case I ever decide to change up the tank. Just went with the pre-installed Lunar Tidal Cycle mode making set-up easy too.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed dual Maxspect Gyre XF350s today. Easily push tons of water all the way across this seven foot tank. Probably overkill for a predator tank, but I like flexibility in my equipment in case I ever decide to change up the tank. Just went with the pre-installed Lunar Tidal Cycle mode making set-up easy too.

Are you controlling them with Hydros?

OP
OP
david@wegetkraken

david@wegetkraken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Gyre but not a big fan of the maintenance involved with them Soni just used the Neptune Wavs
This new Gen isn't as complicated as previous versions, but can definitely understand that. Options really limited on this one since it is 3/4" glass. These or MP60s were about the only options with strong enough magnets.

OP
OP
david@wegetkraken

david@wegetkraken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This new Gen isn't as complicated as previous versions, but can definitely understand that. Options really limited on this one since it is 3/4" glass. These or MP60s were about the only options with strong enough magnets.
Well those and the Neptune, but don't have any experience with those

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well those and the Neptune, but don't have any experience with those

The Neptune WAV pumps are really undervalued in the hobby. Neptune also stands by their products as well. I am realizing as I switch more items to Neptune it is streamlining my tank and allowing me to view everything in once place.

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a BRS video where they complained about the complication of having to clean them so often. But then they figured out instead of taking the whole thing apart, to just take it off the side of the tank and run it in a bucket of vinegar or whatever cleaner they use.
Also what are Hydros? I am in build process and I have 2 of the xf350's.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a BRS video where they complained about the complication of having to clean them so often. But then they figured out instead of taking the whole thing apart, to just take it off the side of the tank and run it in a bucket of vinegar or whatever cleaner they use.
Also what are Hydros? I am in build process and I have 2 of the xf350's.

Citric acid is preferred now to vinegar from what they said in the BRS video

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back