360 degree platform for the 32 gallon Biocube

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago a guy that went by the username "Reefthuz" posted a teaser with a promise of a follow-up video on a 360 degree platform for the 32 gallon Biocube. It sounded like a great idea on the surface. Does anyone know if that video was produced and , if so, a link? Maybe it was a failed effort?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First I'm hearing of it, but here's a bump hoping someone else knows.

OP
OP
CavalierReef

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Katrina71. If you google Reefthuz you'll find several "educational" videos he did a few years ago. Haven't seen anything from him recently but that "lazy susan" Biocube sounded like a great idea.

OP
OP
CavalierReef

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still can't find his video but I'm taking the plunge anyway. How hard could it be, right? I cut a piece of MDF using the cabinet top as a template and sealed it with several coats of black enamel to match the cabinet. Waiting for the paint to cure. I have a 12", 1200 lb rated lazy Susan turntable to attach to the MDF. I test it before painting and seems to work very well with just the weight of the empty aquarium. Very stable. I have already installed an 8 switch power bar in the cabinet to accommodate various pieces of equipment. I also attached refrigerator rollers to the cabinet so the cabinet rolls away from the wall very easily. The plan is to have the ability to move my aquarium away from the wall and rotate it from side to side to make access for maintenance easier. It will be attached to the wall electrical outlet by one "umbilical cord" Somethings work better in my old and less than fertile mind than they do in actuality. It's all a process. We'll see.

Aquarium Cabinet with Lazy Susan wheel.jpg Aquarium Cabinet with Refrigerator wheels.jpg Aquarium Cabinet with Electrical Outlet Panel.jpg

OP
OP
CavalierReef

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta see this when your done! Best of luck man
Thanks, ReeferGuy927. I appreciate the encouragement. We currently spend several months each year in VA with our son and DIL. We going back to TX after Thanksgiving to put our house on the market and move here permanently next Spring. I'm in the planning and preparatory stage to setting up this aquarium but plan to post progress as it occurs.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, ReefThuZ just disappeared. His videos are the ones that got me started on my BioCube.

He never followed up with a video after posting the 360 teaser. :confused:

OP
OP
CavalierReef

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, ReefThuZ just disappeared. His videos are the ones that got me started on my BioCube.

He never followed up with a video after posting the 360 teaser. :confused:
When I decided to go the Biocube 32 route, he is the first one I found with interesting information too. I guess Dakota went by the wayside as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back