3D aqua scaping?

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has ever built a reef structure using 3D printing? If you have, could you please share.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has ever built a reef structure using 3D printing? If you have, could you please share.
you can, but you shouldn't use regular filaments as they can leach into water and harm livestock. Unless its a Fowler its better to use rock.
Misawa-waterscape_taiwan_10_910.jpeg

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can, but you shouldn't use regular filaments as they can leach into water and harm livestock.
So, from what I understand, people are mixed on this particular point. PLA and PETG are two of the most common filament types on the market and most of the world seems to agree that they are reef safe. So much so that companies are making Media Baskets, Feeding cups, feeding clips, weir blockers, flow directors, and so many other things out of them that it's quickly becoming the "in" thing to have/use 3D printed parts. As far as I am aware PLA and PETG are completely safe for Reef Aquariums, however you will find information to the contrary.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back