3x Radeon G5 XR15 Blue - RedSea Reefer 450 Settings

Nejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I had a question in regards to blue light. I am starting a mixed reef tank that has just finished its cycling. I have some some small frags on the bottom of the tank and the torches in mid tank in a good flow. My question is most of the templates I see favour heavily on blue light rather than a more natural color (adding white light) Is it going to be more beneficial to the coral keeping with the blues rather than pushing up my whites to give a more natural look?

1 x Blue torch - Mid
1 x Euphilia Glabrescens Green Tip - Mid
1 x Ricordea - Bottom
1 x Acan special - Bottom
1 x Acan1.1 - Bottom
1 x Mushroom gold - Bottom
2 x Zoas - Near bottom

Here are my current settings attached. Thank you kindly for any advice.

IMG_1201.PNG IMG_1200.PNG

OP
OP
Nejj

Nejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking within the presets of the mobius app it doesn't take into account if your lamp is 'pro' or 'blue'
I have raised all levels to 100% and just adjust the intensity in the schedule and the colors seem nicer.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The AB+ template was adjusted for the blue version, but not sure about the others. The light is already biased towards blue with the number of leds. I would suggest starting with AB+ template, then adjust for the color that looks good to you. For schedule % (with the lps/ softies you mentioned) I would set it to 30-50%.

OP
OP
Nejj

Nejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AB+ template was adjusted for the blue version, but not sure about the others. The light is already biased towards blue with the number of leds. I would suggest starting with AB+ template, then adjust for the color that looks good to you. For schedule % (with the lps/ softies you mentioned) I would set it to 30-50%.
Thanks Jon, I will give it a go.

OP
OP
Nejj

Nejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any insights on blue light being better for growth and human perception preference for warms and white light? I find that if I adjust the values for what I find natural and pleasing I am risking the growth of the coral and promoting algae. Thoughts?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back