4’x2’x2’ build… The Dragons’ Forest

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definitely being reminded why I will have no tangs in the future after this one…

Hopefully I was wrong about the Jade as I would love to keep him but I’m still unable to say for sure he wasn’t a factor in the death of the other two angels.
I assume members of the Acanthuriformes are far more likely to go after each other then a wrasse so I’d bet the tang.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume members of the Acanthuriformes are far more likely to go after each other then a wrasse so I’d bet the tang.
That’s my bet. But I do feel the Jade was wanting to rule as he’s gone for the Tongan Black Fox previously. The fox won but he was not happy.

Plus, he’s going for some of the other wrasse every so often so he may be rehomed to allow for more of them. Same with the tang, I’d likely replace him with wrasses and go with Wrasse, Angels, Foxfaces and Tilefish as the main families I focus on in the larger tank.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, as im watching the tank my Tongan Black is shedding! I’ve not been lucky to see my Magnificent shedding yet but very glad I got to see this guy shed his slime coat.

Also the Acanthops is now exploring the rocks - the tang has yet to notice him again so I’m hoping that’s the end of the nasty aggression and the rest is just minor. But still going to be the last tang I have. It’s rare I say this but I hope he is the next fish to mysteriously die.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we’re back in action!!
IMG_8680.jpeg

IMG_8678.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

Everyone looks gorgeous under blues and they all truly compliment each other - the oranges from the Flame Back and Navarchus boost the yellows in the Regal and the Blue lining is the cherry on top in each one!

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And we’re back in action!!
IMG_8680.jpeg

IMG_8678.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

Everyone looks gorgeous under blues and they all truly compliment each other - the oranges from the Flame Back and Navarchus boost the yellows in the Regal and the Blue lining is the cherry on top in each one!
The majestic is eyeing that pleogyra lol

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone who didn’t see my post on the wrasse lovers thread last week, I mentioned a pair of wrasses and how I wanted the female. Turns out there may be a way to get the female from the pair as long as they don’t sell when I’m not there ;)
Obviously, this depends if I am set on the female and how badly I want it.

This is your clue;
IMG_8237.jpeg

And what I’ll say is that clue does somewhat require you to know about complexes and the Paracheilinus group.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone who didn’t see my post on the wrasse lovers thread last week, I mentioned a pair of wrasses and how I wanted the female. Turns out there may be a way to get the female from the pair as long as they don’t sell when I’m not there ;)
Obviously, this depends if I am set on the female and how badly I want it.

This is your clue;
IMG_8237.jpeg

And what I’ll say is that clue does somewhat require you to know about complexes and the Paracheilinus group.
Well…
She’s in my possession, Paracheilinus hemitaeniatus. She is part of the complex which holds these other species; Paracheilinus octotaenia, Paracheilinus attenuatus and Paracheilinus piscilineatus.
IMG_9059.jpeg

IMG_9058.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hammers in question are;
1. Gold Hammer
IMG_9143.jpeg

2. Rainbow Splatter Hammer
IMG_9145.jpeg

3. Rainbow Hologram Hammer (Honestly I’m the most excited with this one of the three)
IMG_9144.jpeg

None of the photos are my frags but what they’ll look like at some point.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back