OP
sevenx7

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Tenecor Aquariums.
They have small AIO tanks and DIY options you build yourself.
Also now I want a new setup from this place lol

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question: how low can you get that to spin?
Just played with it and haven't set it up on my Pico yet. Being a wave maker and not a pump I cant tell how much the lowest setting pushes.
Cant find what the 10 setting percentages actually are my best guess is starting at 530GPH max, 50% probably 265, 25% 135 or every 10% ~53GPH if that's the lowest %.

OP
OP
sevenx7

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just played with it and haven't set it up on my Pico yet. Being a wave maker and not a pump I cant tell how much the lowest setting pushes.
Cant find what the 10 setting percentages actually are my best guess is starting at 530GPH max, 50% probably 265, 25% 135 or every 10% ~53GPH if that's the lowest %.
I think 250-125 is what Im looking at so It should be fine!

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question for everyone, I need a wavepump for the 4 gallon (will disclose which soon!) and I wanted to throw a wave maker in it. I see a lot of people using Jaebos but is there any value in a Nero 3? Can I put one in a tank thats small? like can i lower the power by a lot, since I want something I can reuse later and thats DC...

I have MP10's but I dont think I wanna go with that in there either. Just looking for opinions!
I have a Nero 3 (had an extra one) in my eshopps desk mate. I have it turned down to 1%

OP
OP
sevenx7

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nero 3 (had an extra one) in my eshopps desk mate. I have it turned down to 1%
I wanted a nero 3 since I could re-use it, But I started looking at the DC pumps on aliexpress...I saw some used ones on the forum but I passed since I thought it would be too crazy!

OP
OP
sevenx7

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting updates! We’re no longer an Oceanbox design 4 gallon! We’re a 4 gallon PNW Tank! They had a little custom stand as well to lift it off a little! Threw in a VCA nozzle and everything’s doing well. Of course we have the main tank for any downturn!

Here’s a pic from the AM

Also wound up throwing the Apex EL on it and got a nice lid from kraken reef!

Attachments

• IMG_7036.jpeg
    IMG_7036.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 25

rm22_newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting updates! We’re no longer an Oceanbox design 4 gallon! We’re a 4 gallon PNW Tank! They had a little custom stand as well to lift it off a little! Threw in a VCA nozzle and everything’s doing well. Of course we have the main tank for any downturn!

Here’s a pic from the AM

Also wound up throwing the Apex EL on it and got a nice lid from kraken reef!
How is your tank doing? I just got a 4 gallon from Harley and once I figure out my return pump Ill have it up and running, I got a small DC flow pump from the UK company called "TMC", but would like a DC return pump. Are you still using the Sicce on it?

OP
OP
sevenx7

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tank doing? I just got a 4 gallon from Harley and once I figure out my return pump Ill have it up and running, I got a small DC flow pump from the UK company called "TMC", but would like a DC return pump. Are you still using the Sicce on it?
Well well well! I purchased the US version, the axis 20
I haven’t figured out what adapter I need for the output elbow is from the half inch nozzle from the axis 20. I have a seahorse in there with my tiny tiny mandarin and everything’s going great. Operation seahorse rescue is almost complete and he will be in a bigger tank soon and the mandarin will make it to the 40L then it’s ready!

Changed my light to a A80 for now because the prime was a little much!

rm22_newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well well well! I purchased the US version, the axis 20
I haven’t figured out what adapter I need for the output elbow is from the half inch nozzle from the axis 20. I have a seahorse in there with my tiny tiny mandarin and everything’s going great. Operation seahorse rescue is almost complete and he will be in a bigger tank soon and the mandarin will make it to the 40L then it’s ready!

Changed my light to a A80 for now because the prime was a little much!
I just re-read my post, it's a miracle you understood it lol. Summer time with the kids made my mind go. What I meant to say was I have the Sicce, also have a TMC DC pump (same like you stated as the AI Axis Pumps) but. I was trying to figure out how to plumb in the TMC instead of the Sicce bc like you mentioned above, its very close to the output and for me I was trying to figure out how to go from 1/4" to 1/2" on the pump side with such a short run. Harley wrote me back earlier this week, said a friend of his is modified or reduced by squeezing the 1/4" return tubing inside a 1/2" or 3/8" tube running from an IM Mightyjet. Im waiting for the confirmation as Im a little worried about it popping out etc. For this build I am going to use a Dalua Pixel Fragger, agree that a AI Prime might be too much and defiantly my spare Ecotech Radion XR15 would be a bit to much lol. Thanks for writing back!

OP
OP
sevenx7

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 1/2 inch to 3/8th? That helps. I might try and adapt something so I can finally add this as a DC pump instead of the sicce. The sicce is fine but I’d like to pump a little more flow through the RFG since it’s the only flow going through it. I wanted to add a wave maker but everything just seems to be too much

rm22_newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 1/2 inch to 3/8th? That helps. I might try and adapt something so I can finally add this as a DC pump instead of the sicce. The sicce is fine but I’d like to pump a little more flow through the RFG since it’s the only flow going through it. I wanted to add a wave maker but everything just seems to be too much
Thats what Harley said, he didnt get back to me though regarding the hose size. Regarding wave makers, the UK company TMC has these neat little guys that do 265gph, and these guys that do 530gph, the whole product line goes up to 4200GPH. Go bigger with these if u say u want 200gph or more get the 2000 model bc the nano ones can vibrate when pushed to the max, looks like they had to sacrifice some insulation on the magnets for size which is understandable, but they are neat little pumps. Premium Aquatics and SA have them on their websites.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 12 15.6%
Back