40 gallon AIO kit in 60 gallon tank?

newreeferontheblock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - I am eyeing up the 60 g breeder for my display tank and want to put in an AIO kit to give a bit cleaner of a look than HOB would provide. I really like the ones from fiji cube (https://www.fijicube.com/products/in-sump-40-gallon-breeder ) but they dont make a 60 g version. Do you think the 40 would work?

I am worried about the height, and it being undersized. The height of the 40 is 17" and the height of the 60 is only 16 inches, but the AIO kit says it is only 15.5" - so I think that will be okay?

I know Tenecor sells a 60 gal kit, but I am a bit uneasy about the flat packed - assemble it all yourself approach.

ChuzUThisDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find out any info on the 40 kit working on the 60? I'm looking into the 60 currently as Petco has these for 50% off until July 4.

traderskip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - I am eyeing up the 60 g breeder for my display tank and want to put in an AIO kit to give a bit cleaner of a look than HOB would provide. I really like the ones from fiji cube (https://www.fijicube.com/products/in-sump-40-gallon-breeder ) but they dont make a 60 g version. Do you think the 40 would work?

I am worried about the height, and it being undersized. The height of the 40 is 17" and the height of the 60 is only 16 inches, but the AIO kit says it is only 15.5" - so I think that will be okay?

I know Tenecor sells a 60 gal kit, but I am a bit uneasy about the flat packed - assemble it all yourself approach.
I just got the aqueon 60 gallon breeder tank from Petco and I bought the figi cube 40 gallon breeder drop in filter and it doesn’t fit it is a inch to tall the inside of the tank from the bottom of the glass to the top is only 14.5 inches tall

Back