6 gallon DT water level?

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does one adjust the water level for the display tank? I have an AIO build new tank cycle and I just hate how the overflow is for some reason I can’t get the display tanks water level and no matter what my return chambers water level just gets affected
IMG_3558.jpeg

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to raise or lower the display level? What brand/model of tank is it or do you have a diagram of the AOI chambers?
It’s a reef casa 6. I want to lower the display level

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s a reef casa 6. I want to lower the display level
Your displays minimum water level is going to be set by the overflow teeth into the back chamber. Unless the teeth are adjustable you not going to be able to lower it much other than slowing down the return pump a bit.

But why do you want to lower it?

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your displays minimum water level is going to be set by the overflow teeth into the back chamber. Unless the teeth are adjustable you not going to be able to lower it much other than slowing down the return pump a bit.

But why do you want to lower it?
Because the surface of the water isn’t being broken and going into the teeth. The surface is above the teeth and also surface the surface of the water is right at the edge of the tank

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The surface is above the teeth
Then the issue is too much return flow OR the back chamber on the other side of the teeth is too full. What is the box thing in that back chamber? It is restricting the flow?

Looking at it further it looks like your media basket is restricting the flow down through it. What happens if you take that basket out?

Last edited:

Dragen Fiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea your water level is way too high. You will not get proper filtration with this.

I have a reef casa flat 12 gallon. My water level sits about 1/2-3/4 at the surface teeth. Are you using the standard pump that came with it?

I'd pull a cup of water out of the main display tank and watch as the chambers level out. The first chamber to lose water is your return pump chamber. If its water level does not drop. Continue to pull a cup of water out, wait a few minutes then check its level again. Do this until your main display tank water level is about 3/4 on the surface teeth and your return pump chamber water level is just below the middle chamber by an inch or 2 is fine. If you pull water out and see your return pump chamber rapidly lose water. Then your return pump is too much and you need to slow it down. The reef casa pump should have an adjustable speed.

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
Yea your water level is way too high. You will not get proper filtration with this.

I have a reef casa flat 12 gallon. My water level sits about 1/2-3/4 at the surface teeth. Are you using the standard pump that came with it?

I'd pull a cup of water out of the main display tank and watch as the chambers level out. The first chamber to lose water is your return pump chamber. If its water level does not drop. Continue to pull a cup of water out, wait a few minutes then check its level again. Do this until your main display tank water level is about 3/4 on the surface teeth and your return pump chamber water level is just below the middle chamber by an inch or 2 is fine. If you pull water out and see your return pump chamber rapidly lose water. Then your return pump is too much and you need to slow it down. The reef casa pump should have an adjustable speed.
Yes. It’s the stock pump

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Its return pump has barely any room left in terms of the adjustable speed. I wanna say if I move it any more closer then no water will be going in

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone my issue has been fixed. I’ve done both of the solutions and I am happier with my filtration now once this tank is cycled I will be giving you updates on a bill thread.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back