700 gallon SW tank

Chris251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well disaster hit about a month ago. Black longnose tang come down with ICK. Added a $1300 UV sterilizer. Dosed food with vitamins. Ick drops off of him. But then came back with a vengeance and wiped out my entire tank.

I have just been doing multiple water changes the last three weeks or so. And leaving the tank empty minus the few survivors. hopefully getting the ick out of the tank. 5 inch maroon clown, banded shark and eels are all that survived

But my head is turning on what to do next as for as restocking when I decide to restock again. And looking for suggestions/ideas

I'm a little weary of tangs right now as you might expect but not completely ruled them out. What would you guys stock in the 700? A buddy of mine is telling me to load it with smaller fish. Which I'm not totally against. but looking for ideas. Pretty much FOWLR minus a few leathers

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well disaster hit about a month ago. Black longnose tang come down with ICK. Added a $1300 UV sterilizer. Dosed food with vitamins. Ick drops off of him. But then came back with a vengeance and wiped out my entire tank.

I have just been doing multiple water changes the last three weeks or so. And leaving the tank empty minus the few survivors. hopefully getting the ick out of the tank. 5 inch maroon clown, banded shark and eels are all that survived

But my head is turning on what to do next as for as restocking when I decide to restock again. And looking for suggestions/ideas

I'm a little weary of tangs right now as you might expect but not completely ruled them out. What would you guys stock in the 700? A buddy of mine is telling me to load it with smaller fish. Which I'm not totally against. but looking for ideas. Pretty much FOWLR minus a few leathers
Don’t banded sharks eat small fish? Idk cuz I haven’t owned one.

I say go with what you like, so what do you like?

OP
OP
C

Chris251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t banded sharks eat small fish? Idk cuz I haven’t owned one.

I say go with what you like, so what do you like?
I have never had my sharks try to eat any fish at all in my tank. They pretty much just eat what I put in on sand bed

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like a ton of stuff. Just trying to get some new ideas.
Well you need to start with a center piece or maybe a few center pieces that you will enjoy for a long time so what are those?

OP
OP
C

Chris251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you need to start with a center piece or maybe a few center pieces that you will enjoy for a long time so what are those?
I'm thinking maybe angelfish. Queen or Emperor. Actually had both in my tank previously .

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking maybe angelfish. Queen or Emperor. Actually had both in my tank previously .
Cool so maybe an Angel tank that has one from every major Angel genus. Queen and Emp can for sure co exist in a 700G but they can sometimes dislike wrasses or other more peaceful reef fish but get along with tangs, triggers, groupers

OP
OP
C

Chris251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool so maybe an Angel tank that has one from every major Angel genus. Queen and Emp can for sure co exist in a 700G but they can sometimes dislike wrasses or other more peaceful reef fish but get along with tangs, triggers, groupers
I would love to add some triggers but they aren't great fits for the shark I don't think. I never had any issues with my Angel though so who knows

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back