Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
850 gallon reef really coming in to its stride

Reef moonshiners results after 6 months
IMG_5343.PNG
Beautiful, and wonderful fish selection.

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still on RM? Do you have a start pic and a recent pic for comparison?
Yes I am still on RM. The reef is 14' long its very difficult to photo details of my success but I'll dig up some and post. THe real difference is seeing in person, its night and day different.

Last edited:

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I can’t imagine not running a calcium reactor. But I’ve never done any of the 2 part type dosing. , more than one way to skin a cat. Whatever your methods are the results look great!

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I can’t imagine not running a calcium reactor. But I’ve never done any of the 2 part type dosing. , more than one way to skin a cat. Whatever your methods are the results look great!
I haven't been able to run a CaRx without lower pH, so The Bulk Reef Supply Calcium & Magnesium along with the Sodium Hydroxide, and Reverse Lighting Kalk top off of 5 gallons in a 12 hour period keeps me 8.25 night and 8.3 day.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reactor doesn’t to any noticeable degree on our lagoon that Kalk does not overcome. Did yours have a second stage. Mine has 2 iactive reactor tubes followed by 2 passive tubes of just media. I don’t see any appreciable ph drop when the rector is on or off.

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reactor doesn’t to any noticeable degree on our lagoon that Kalk does not overcome. Did yours have a second stage. Mine has 2 iactive reactor tubes followed by 2 passive tubes of just media. I don’t see any appreciable ph drop when the rector is on or off.
in January of 2024 I will be adding a CaRx to see if it will work now that the tank is settled in to Reef Moonshiners and Reverse Kalk dosing

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet you will feel like your alkalinity is on cruise control once you dial it in. ive not tried the newer style reactors but I’ve about pulled the trigger on a dastaco to try out the ACR Several times . I tried one of bill wanns and the acr was not good but that was at least 10 years ago. It seems the tech has figured out the acr nowadays

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet you will feel like your alkalinity is on cruise control once you dial it in. ive not tried the newer style reactors but I’ve about pulled the trigger on a dastaco to try out the ACR Several times . I tried one of bill wanns and the acr was not good but that was at least 10 years ago. It seems the tech has figured out the acr nowadays
It is.............It is exactly where " I " want it......Not where other people want theirs. ( LOL )
9.05 - 9.30 Day night 24/7 365 days a year with the help of dosing Sodium Hydroxide.
1 more month and I am switching to Trident controlled dosing on the Sodium Hydroxide.
I've been using Trident controlled dosing on the Calcium and magnesium, and now I am
comfortable with its performance and am going to start dosing the Lye on controlled dosing for my alk.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back