93 Gallon Livestock+Reef Cube Build PICS- Approx 2 months in..

ConstanceRigdon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I am actually new to Saltwater reef aquariums (so please bear with me on spelling and learning the "lingo"), however my boyfriend, Josh, previously owned one and was eager to get another tank established. I learned a ton about fish in college (originally a biology major) but have relied a good bit on Josh, Internet, local shop owners, and books (yes they actually still make those lol) for specifics on fish combos + reef/fish combos.

We have a 93 gallon cube with built-in overflow and sump/plumbing down below. It came painted an awful tan/yellow, so the entire process began with lots of sanding/restaining/protective coating. Set the tank up with plenty of live rock, live sand, seawater, etc.

We've added the following so far-

1 Yellow Tang- please excuse her... She LOVES pictures and has developed a love for me so it's rather hard to get a pic without her photo bombing lol!
1 Blue hippo tang
2 ossilaris clowns
1 Red Firehawk -his name is Rouge and he's my most favorite-tons of personality!
2 peppermint shrimp -who have only made one appearance to the public since the day they joined our family
1 blue/orange damsel -that is currently missing (he was great for a week or so, but hasn't been seen for 6 days now :(
1 white diamond goby- named him Little Daddy (as he was a Father's Day happy for Josh).. He burrowed under a rock and sifted sand like a happy fish, however we also haven't seen him in 4 days .. His burrow is empty now so we are hoping he just relocated to the back of the tank temporarily
1 flame angel .. Josh's favorite fish for years, despite their coral eating reputation- just added yesterday and so far is on good behavior

We have lots of hermit crabs and coral..

Green Zoanthid grows plentiful on several rocks
Pink Zoa is also doing well
White Zoa
Darker green zoa that has maroon(ish) leaves/tentacles (not sure what to call the hair-like extensions off their center)
Orange setosa frag- just added last week, but already shows new growth
Blue & green hammer- a nightmare that may not survive-the only thing we've purchased online and it arrived by 3-day shipping (?!?!?!?) in a really hot bag of water and hasn't opened at all- but we are praying.
A rose colored bubble anenome (also added yesterday, so basically scooted over to a rock she liked and posted up, only 1/2 open so far
Tiny feather dusters that apparently came attached to the live rock -hoping they continue to grow also
Also a bright lime green frag that is shaped similar to the orange setosa.. But isn't hard, more spongy (I'll try to remember to ask Josh the name)

Oh yea, can't forget the several bristle worms that show up at "night" in our reef.. Along with tiny organisms that play in the sand at night... They can barely be seen with the naked eye making little tunnels, etc

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Wow, lots of pics.
Got to love your passion.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and to your new hobby. Good looking tank...nice start.

Back