OP
OP
LegalReefer

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I went through a learning curve with nutrients, being both high and low. That's how I learn tho and know better now. Sounds like you are on top of your system's needs as well.

Maybe another Wrasse for the other tanks worms? Other than that a tailspot Blenny might be a cool addition. I have a coral beauty, got it as a thumbnail size. I had a 20 tall then; it was fine obv. Fast forward and it's much bigger and very active... The 20 long like you have is a better layout tho imo... Get one if you plan to upgrade (again) eventually would be my take.
Gotta love the learning curves in this hobby, there’s really no easy path! It’s kind of great tho, something is always new and different, and it’s a constant learning experience which I love!

I’ve considered another wrasse for the 10, but it feels pretty crammed already. Ended up getting a bicolor blenny for the 20, I’m not gonna be able to upgrade here for a bit sadly. Also, finally got around to taking and attaching some pics! Here’s the 10 currently, I’m focusing on making it a softy-dominated reef, really love the look of leathers honestly!
IMG_6812.jpeg

I have two pvc pipes underneath all my rockwork, which my Wheeler’s Goby loves. Only stony corals in here are a birdsnest that’s largely dead but kinda reviving, and a fungia plate I got at a local reefing event!

For the 20, its lighting doesn’t lend itself to great pictures, but the corals are doing well! The rockwork is now weighted more heavily toward the back of the tank, but with some stuff up front too. Not a lot of open sand in either of my aquariums.
IMG_6818.jpeg

My chalice has grown to an insane size and occupies a corner of the tank all its own. Its sweepers are something else! I’m hoping my platygyra up front will eventually totally cover the rock it’s on, it’s one of my favorite corals!
IMG_6817.jpeg

Space invader Pectinia is growing really well, gonna frag a piece for my brother here soon. Unknown acros 1 and 2 are doing well, the one in the back nearly died on me when I first got it, but has recovered somewhat, while the one up front on my frag rack has grown a ton! I’m still surprised that I can keep acros alive. Overall, I’m quite pleased!
IMG_6816.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6814.jpeg
    IMG_6814.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 7

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so interesting a well grown out tank like yours could be any size (to me in the picture). It sometimes makes it hard to tell... it looks so good! What phone are are you using to take your pics if you don't mind me asking, if you are using a phone of course? If you look at my thread my early pics were terrible (not saying yours are but could use some adjusting). Finally hit the 'pro' option on the camera and manually adjusted the white balance until it looked more like what it does to my eye in real life...might be worth a try. Anyway...I digress and once again ....nobody asked lol.

OP
OP
LegalReefer

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so interesting a well grown out tank like yours could be any size (to me in the picture). It sometimes makes it hard to tell... it looks so good! What phone are are you using to take your pics if you don't mind me asking, if you are using a phone of course? If you look at my thread my early pics were terrible (not saying yours are but could use some adjusting). Finally hit the 'pro' option on the camera and manually adjusted the white balance until it looked more like what it does to my eye in real life...might be worth a try. Anyway...I digress and once again ....nobody asked lol.
Thank you! I wouldn’t call it well grown out yet, honestly, as there’s still plenty of space for corals to fill in, but I’m flattered! And I’m using an iPhone XR I think, I’ll try your suggest to manually adjust the photos, see if I can make them look more like they appear to the eye. While I may not have asked, I well and truly appreciate the advice!

Back