A few problem growers

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a few zoas that just won't grow for me. I'd like to know if you're having problems as well and also what kind of lighting/flow you've found them to like. The following morphs are problematic:
Sunshine - got 2 polyps of these at least 4 months ago and they haven't grown a bit, not one new baby

Red Wines - when I first got these they grew two new polyps but now they are dormant

True Armegeddon - I have 4 polyps and for the last month or so they've done nothing.

Any ideas?

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that with some morphs also. But check your Magnesium levels. When I started dosing Mag. I noticed some morphs that did not grow so well took off. But I have this red morph that still grows one polyp every two months so maybe its just the variety of zoa.

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My magnesium levels should be right on par as I've got SPS in the tank and they're picky...still have to order a test kit but I'm pretty sure either my rainbow monti or sunset monti would be telling me if something is off as they always do if my alk or calcium are off, even by a tiny bit.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back