A Freshwater Reef Crest!? Yep, and it looks AMAZING!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We know this is Reef2Reef...and we LOVE Saltwater. We find it so much easier to setup a stunning and colorful display with Saltwater than it is with freshwater. But there are some talented people out there working with freshwater planted tanks and some of them deserve the right canvas to bring out the creative juices.

Even being a saltwater site, many of you have or had a freshwater system at some point in this hobby...myself included.

We wanted to see what a very talented friend and customer of ours could do with the Reef Crest on the freshwater side of the hobby and man...she did NOT disappoint!! We gave her a demo Reef Crest 17 to use. She entered her creation into the 2016 Big Fish Deal Aquarium Beautiful Competition going on this weekend in MD. She pulled 4 ribbons out of the competition. She won People's Choice and 1st Place in her class. She also pulled two 2nd Place wins in two other classes. Great job Jen!!

We were truly amazed by the detail Jen put into this unique freshwater design in the Reef Crest and we had to share it even with all of our Marine saltwater friends.

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks great! Congrats to Jen and her creativity. You are right, freshwater can be beautiful but it takes a bit of creativity beyond just the hobby. Thanks for posting!

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I'm always amazed at how good the true aquascaping FW people are at what they do. I still love FW, just not as good with FW as with SW... Great post and thanks for sharing it with us @ArtFully Acrylic !! Keep these kinds of unusual things coming, it's cool to see a tank that isn't blue all the time. o_O

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey we can appreciate a sweet tank FW or SW!

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Rev a great FW well set, is as beautifull as ours reef. Beside, must of us, I bet that theirs first tank might be a FW. Well, mine was, when I have 7 years old and when I got 16 I got hook on SW.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Rev a great FW well set, is as beautifull as ours reef. Beside, must of us, I bet that theirs first tank might be a FW. Well, mine was, when I have 7 years old and when I got 16 I got hook on SW.

Heck Yeah! I started in the aquarium hobby with a 5 gallon freshwater tank =).

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha... mine was also a 5 gal tank,
I remember it had an aluminum rim. And a bubler submerge filter with charcoal and cotton filter and color gravel. Good old day's.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 109 73.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back