ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enter the world of mirrors.....

Enter the world of CHEAP mirrors:

Before adding a Tang yesterday I bought TWO of the above mirror and positioned them sideways down the length of the tank PRESSED UP AGAINST THE FRONT TANK GLASS TIGHTLY

20210515_113857.jpg

This immediately set off my existing Tangs to see themselves in the reflection..... and sparking territorial attack on their own reflection

My Blue Hippo Tang FLIPPED OUT! His black stripes turned to a whitish gray, amazing. He was severely ticked off!!

Anyway, while the other Tangs were combating their own reflections.... I slipped my new Scopas Tang in.

There's been a lil fighting going on with tail swiping fights but no tearing/nipping of the fins on the new guy.... nor any cornering.

I'll probably leave the mirror up for a few days until things seem normal

Last edited:

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the tiny and cheap mirrors in the past - with ok results - I’ve just never thought to check Lowe’s for a larger mirror.

Vyper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the mirror thing. My yellow tang didn’t care about his own reflection. The yellow eyed kole tang I added however was trying to attack his reflection while the yellow beat him up. I added a powder brown shortly after and the aggression greatly went down. Since the focus went on one was no longer. They get along great after a couple days. Lucky it was more tail flipping than anything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back