Acan and Micromussa Who are you?

flytrap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am fairly new to this group and this hobby. I see the pics and names but other than the colors they mostly look somewhat the same. Is there a dummie guide to know what I am looking at and how to care for it or even if I can keep it in my system.

Thanks

Steve

epidemic

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps someone has a link to the whelk site, I do not. Both micro and acan are genus, so there are different species of each with, in some cases, very different morphology.

OP
OP
F

flytrap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epidemic,

I saw you post for the Micromussa you had for sale. Let me say they look great. It's just hard to know what is what and if it is something that you can care for. These corals I see are beautiful creature that we need to take care of so they can be enjoyed by all. Thanks for your hard work to make them available for others to enjoy.

Steve

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Size is a big difference. Takes 4-5 micro polyps to equal the size of a nice acan lord. I dont work with micros for that reason mostly, so I can only speak about acan lords and acan echinata. Both are a medium light coral. If you are running halides, put them as low as you can, and maybe even shade them a little. Thats what's best, light wise, for the acans. Medium flow for them also.

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pics of some acans?? I am looking in to aquiring more lps like mircos and acan lords. Just want to know what to look for in them.

Thanks
Steve

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back