Advice for my 20 gallon tank

benny1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1443.jpeg
IMG_1444.jpeg
Hi guys. My tank is 20 gallon. I just wanna ask is my aquascape good for the mixed corals and fish? Also I have 2 wave maker. I am concerned the flow might be too strong in 20 gallon tank. 1 protein skimmer. 1 heater. Is there anything I have to change? Also I made a huge mistake that killed all my corals and the Invertebrates by salinity swing. Thank you.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1443.jpeg
IMG_1444.jpeg
Hi guys. My tank is 20 gallon. I just wanna ask is my aquascape good for the mixed corals and fish? Also I have 2 wave maker. I am concerned the flow might be too strong in 20 gallon tank. 1 protein skimmer. 1 heater. Is there anything I have to change? Also I made a huge mistake that killed all my corals and the Invertebrates by salinity swing. Thank you.
Aquascape looks fine to me, looks like your fish have a lot of room to hide and swim around in still, coral should be fine on the scape as well.

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are two wave maker too much in 20 gallon tank?
I think that would be personal preference and based on what you plan on having.
If the corals you want to add require significant flow, shouldn't be too bad, and as long as your sand bed isn't constantly swirling. Otherwise the Hygger (looks like) and the Sicce you've got should be fine. I have the Hygger in my 15 gallon with it's return and it's perfect for the corals I have. When I was running a 20 I had two in mine to get flow just where I wanted.

OP
OP
B

benny1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be personal preference and based on what you plan on having.
If the corals you want to add require significant flow, shouldn't be too bad, and as long as your sand bed isn't constantly swirling. Otherwise the Hygger (looks like) and the Sicce you've got should be fine. I have the Hygger in my 15 gallon with it's return and it's perfect for the corals I have. When I was running a 20 I had two in mine to get flow just where I wanted.
Thank you so much.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back