Advice to Those New to Reefkeeping From Our Elders

wlittlefield

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words. Are you a journalist? Do you want to write some articles?

No, I put 1492 on purpose--it was a joke. I've changed it since then. And no, I graduated in 1984. And to answer your question, between the time I graduated and the time I started freelance writing, I worked as a physician's assistant, a stockbroker, a speechwriter, an ESL teacher, an English/Math/Chemistry high school tutor, a bookkeeper, and then an oil and gas marketer. While I worked in oil and gas during the day, I started freelancing at night.

I am a journalist/ editor for the newspaper. I'd love to write some articles but right now, I've got my hands full just getting the paper out every day! And this way I get to enjoy reading yours. I'm not sure if I'm ready to mix my hobby with my work. Oil marketer sounds really interesting and different!

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to all advices above I have three that for me have been key despite I'm not more than a beginer after 12 years of hobbie..

Measuring main parameters means stability.
Stability means success.
Measure for success !

Don't choose your tank size. Choose your lights. They will tell you which tank size will be best for them. The other way round makes things complicated.

Don't take for granted that your tank is running smooth. You maybe think that everything is running fine because is growing. But truth is that could be better.

Before buying quality corals, buy quality equipment.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back