AI Blade Coral Grow on WB Marine 110.4

bluesteel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a bunch of posts about AI blades in the forums already. But every single one talks about pairing them up with other lights (either other AI blades or other types).

I have 1 AI Blade Coral Grow.

I've got 5 fish in my tank, 2 hermit crabs and 4 snails, it's been up and running a few weeks now.

I introduced a couple of corals last week. Some tiny GSP, Zoas and a Kenya tree.

I'm struggling to work out what my lighting should be set to, how long for and when.

I've tried the presets but I find the corals don't always open up. I'm worried it's too bright for them.

The lights themselves look horrendous, making the tank all dark blue and I really don't like it. It causes a lot of light across the room too. The photo attached was taken when I didn't have it turned right up either.

I look around online and I see some stunning tanks that don't look too blue and they are working fine with their corals.

All my corals are tiny right now. I'm getting a bit disheartened by it. And I feel like I shouldn't have listened to the guy in the shop and just kept fish only for now.

Any help would be amazing, thanks in advance ☺️

PXL_20240423_195745111.jpg

OP
OP
B

bluesteel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a bunch of posts about AI blades in the forums already. But every single one talks about pairing them up with other lights (either other AI blades or other types).

I've got 5 fish in my tank, 2 hermit crabs and 4 snails, it's been up and running a few weeks now.

I introduced a couple of corals last week. Some tiny GSP, Zoas and a Kenya tree.

I'm struggling to work out what my lighting should be set to, how long for and when.

I've tried the presets but I find the corals don't always open up. I'm worried it's too bright for them.

The lights themselves look horrendous, making the tank all dark blue and I really don't like it. It causes a lot of light across the room too. The photo attached was taken when I didn't have it turned right up either.

I look around online and I see some stunning tanks that don't look too blue and they are working fine with their corals.

All my corals are tiny right now. I'm getting a bit disheartened by it. And I feel like I shouldn't have listened to the guy in the shop and just kept fish only for now.

I took a quick shot of my sulphur goby last night, mainly because he's been hiding in his little.cave since I got him. But it gives you a good indication on the lighting.

This is the soft corals preset.

What am I doing wrong? Surely this isn't correct.

PXL_20240509_221000661.MP.jpg

ReeferB28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Bingo, this is the post I was looking for! I work professionally in the industry and I've set up these lights on a few tanks, but I recently changed companies.

So I didn't really get the full experience with them Beyond setting them up and tweaking intensity. They're pretty cool lights. Really impressive spread coverage for a single strip. I ran across the review on Reef dudes about the AI blades. Pretty impressive coverage, and pretty decent par numbers too. Sure they may have issues.

But this is the first generation. There are bound to be issues.

They're worth it, especially if you can get them wholesale!

Anyways, I'll be keeping up with this thread.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think 1 blade would be enough for a 100gal tank. I would go for at least 2 for softies and maybe 3-4 if you venture into some higher end corals and or sps.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.0%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back