AI Prime Fuge vs Kessil H160 Tuna Flora?

Which Light?

• Total voters

lukestrothman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is better for a 12x12 ish area in a sump under a Red Sea 425 G2? Given the current AI sale the Prime Fuge is more appealing, especially that I have an MXM module for the APEX. But, durability, life span, Kessil always seems to be great. Years ago I used a $30 Home Depot clip on special and it grew chaeto but probably not as fast to where it helped the best it could with nutrient export so trying to use something a little more specialized for the task.

Appreciate it!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would never spend that much on one and would rather get a waterproof plant light (with the right spectrum). However, if you went with one of those, I'd go with a kessil but maybe consider the kessil freshwater light which apparently BRS had better results with than their refugium specific model.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have money to throw away either will work. Better yet get a fully water proof unit on Amazon for horticulture that will be more powerful, last longer and IP65.

Reefer Collector

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd advoid full spectrum lights.. Definitely a specific Chaeto spectrum would be more efficent.. If you're able to get your chaeto rotational, you will be the most successful. Here is my color spectrum using tunze chic led bar and Innovative Marine ChaetoMax.. mine is rotational and it was done with a single $20 powerhead.
20231106_111710.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back