Algaefix and NoPox

CamoFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using NoPox for about 2 weeks now and it's a wonderful product. Going on 3 weeks this week and I'm seeing death of GHA. I started using algaefix as well and after 2 doses, it's just starting to slough off my rocks and glass. I did a small 5gal water change about 25 minutes ago just to remove some dead algae from the sand and as I'm looking at the tank now, I see some more algae starting to come off the rocks and glass.

In conjunction with water changes every 1 week - 1.5 weeks, I think this combo is a winning ticket. My corals are happy and growing, my fish are always hungry and active. Clownfish may have started to even taste the anemone since they're hanging around it a little more. GHA is a constant thing in my tank so I think I'll continue this.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Glad it's working for you.
Algaefix (etc) is moderately effective for most people against GHA. Vacuum out any dead algae frequently, as dead/dying algae can fuel cyano and other nuisances. Your Nopox may be helping you on that front as well - for some people anyway.
I would say that at least once a month, run a bunch of GAC to reset the Algaefix in the water, otherwise - it can sometimes accumulate in the water - Which may eventually cause a problem.

Would love before and after pics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CamoFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Glad it's working for you.
Algaefix (etc) is moderately effective for most people against GHA. Vacuum out any dead algae frequently, as dead/dying algae can fuel cyano and other nuisances. Your Nopox may be helping you on that front as well - for some people anyway.
I would say that at least once a month, run a bunch of GAC to reset the Algaefix in the water, otherwise - it can sometimes accumulate in the water - Which may eventually cause a problem.

Give us before and after pics.
I think the NoPox removing excess phos and nitrate is definitely helping the algaefix along with my more frequent water chsnges. By removing the excess phos/nitrate, the GHA weakens and the algaefix can directly attack it. I’ve had low levels of both phos and nitrate because I think it was bound up in the algae.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back