All eb8 outlets are off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hooked up the new apex brain to my eb8 last night, everything was going well until this morning when the power tripped.

Now all the outlets are off and i cannot switch them back on. If i unplug the apex to reboot, they work for 1 second then turn off.

Any help?

McGee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean "tripped"?
Did the power to the house go out?
Is the Apex itself powered from the EB8 or the EB832 if the EB8 the is the Apex powered up?

OP
OP
needbiggertanks

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean "tripped"?
Did the power to the house go out?
Is the Apex itself powered from the EB8 or the EB832 if the EB8 the is the Apex powered up?
Yeah the house power flickered on/off.

Yes, the Apex is powered by the EB8. Yes, the lights on the base unit show it has power.

McGee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you reset / powered down both the Apex and the EB8 at the same time?

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the ports programmed to Fallback OFF? I am new to the Apex and did some power testing today and noticed my heater port not coming on after restoring power. I have now changed it to this as I only want my Apex turning off the power if the temp goes high as I let my heater do the rest

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Temp > 28.0 Then OFF

I am sure someone with more knowledge them I can help clarify the issue but this may point you in the right direction.

swensos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact support. They usually respond very quickly and will help you troubleshoot the problem.

swensos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the ports programmed to Fallback OFF? I am new to the Apex and did some power testing today and noticed my heater port not coming on after restoring power. I have now changed it to this as I only want my Apex turning off the power if the temp goes high as I let my heater do the rest

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Temp > 28.0 Then OFF

I am sure someone with more knowledge them I can help clarify the issue but this may point you in the right direction.

I don't recommend having the heater Fallback ON. The Fallback options are for base unit failures or network problems. In a failure of any equipment, especially the base unit, would you rather have the heater stay on or stay off? I'd rather have my heater off, because my tank can survive days with it off while with it stuck on, it could get in the high eighties in hours.

OP
OP
needbiggertanks

needbiggertanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks everyone. I contacted support via email before they were open, i gave them access and they figured it out for me. Im glad they were so quick and helpful.

Something having to do with the clock locked all my outlets and it must have juct coincided with the electrical problems we had.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't recommend having the heater Fallback ON. The Fallback options are for base unit failures or network problems. In a failure of any equipment, especially the base unit, would you rather have the heater stay on or stay off? I'd rather have my heater off, because my tank can survive days with it off while with it stuck on, it could get in the high eighties in hours.
In the UK I would rather it stay on as our climate is rather cold! All I want my Apex to do is turn the power off to the socket if the thermostat on the heater gets stuck on. I need the power back on for the heater as soon as power is restored to the house. I guess you live in a warm climate so you tank does not drop too low.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks everyone. I contacted support via email before they were open, i gave them access and they figured it out for me. Im glad they were so quick and helpful.

Something having to do with the clock locked all my outlets and it must have juct coincided with the electrical problems we had.
That's worrying. Lucky you were around at the time this happened.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back