Ammocan's Red Sea Reefer 350 Deluxe

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks in advance for looking and I welcome comments and criticism because learning from others is what forums like this is all about.

Okay, I always wanted a saltwater tank that was large enough and flexible enough for growth and change. I have had a couple of tanks in the past but nothing larger than 24 gallons, I currently have a 10 gallon. After much research and planning I chose this setup and so far I have been pleased. There are some things I wish were different about what was included with this setup but these are things i can live with.
I set this tank up and har plumbed the return with a manifold that included take offs for two Aquamaxx reactors and a line for sump cleaning. After filling and leak checking the plumbing I realized that the return connection that I took the barb off of and put a male adapter on was cracked and leaking. I repaired that and have a new one coming from Red Sea. This has happened to many folks that hard plumb their return so I don't need to rant about that.

I installed the Apex 2016 with the FMK and sensors on the main return (1") and two 1/2" sensors for the reactors. I installed a sicce 7.0 pump and found that the flow to the return was only 350 GPH with the pump at full speed. I plumbed the return with too many elbows and a 3/4" check valve and obviously my head is too high now so i will be re plumbing this tank when my return connection comes in from Red Sea.

System was filled with fresh salt water on October 31st and I have started the Red Sea reef mature system this week.

List of components:
2 ea AI Hydra 26HD
60 pounds of life reef rock
60 pounds of Carib Sea fiji pink live sand
Reef Octopus 110 int
2 ea Aquamaxx reactors
Sicce 9.0 return pump (7.0 now used for something else)
Split return with Loc Line
Apex 2016
Apex WAV (2)
Apex ATK with 10 Gallon ATO Reservoir
Apex FMK 1'' sensor and 2 ea 1/2" sensors
Using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt
BRD 5 stage R/O system

How does my scape look? Lights were already ramping down
11-05-17 Full2.jpg

11-05-17 Side.jpg

Here is My 10 Gallon. Due for a water change and glass cleaning.
11-05-17 10 Gallon.jpg

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im liking the scape, and the sump area looks nice and clean! :cool: Nice build so far!

OP
OP
Ammocan

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update with PICS!
Day 8 of my cycle using Red Sea reef mature.
Ammonia 0
Nitrates 20
Nitrites .20
Algea is showing in spots.
My skimmer is taking forever to break in. It has been overflowing like that for 5 days
Thanks for looking!

59BE85A9-FDE5-4C0B-84AB-426AA9D988D2.jpeg

0EEB6713-F715-48BE-A4EF-7333E9C7C49F.jpeg

61AB7463-F19B-434D-9658-05197B9E859E.jpeg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back