An eel hitchhiked it’s way into my tank, help a beginner out.

acerpal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: It’s not tiny. It just has a tiny head. It’s really long. I couldn’t get a good pic.

I bought a brittle starfish last night and he wouldn’t let go of his rock hole so I got the rock as part of my purchase. I just found a tiny eel poking it’s head out one of my adjoining rocks. He’s really small but I’m worried about my tank residents. I have an arrow crab, Scarlett hermit, fighting conch, emerald crab, pin cushion urchin, Haitian anemone, Pygmy angel, fire goby, and an orchid dottyback. Any advice as to how to handle this stowaway is appreciated. Thank you.

0342B735-BF82-41A8-A0BD-B4760BE882D2.jpeg
Is your name, by chance, Alyona? Donetsk?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks to be a snowflake and there are lots of people who keep them in mixed tanks, as long as they are well fed - bits of scallop store well and don't rot too fast if it misses the feeding for too long. that said, feeding it well we resist, no doubt , in having to re-home it with size.
AND they are escape artists of the first order, tight lid required
They go after inverts though, and get pretty big!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: It’s not tiny. It just has a tiny head. It’s really long. I couldn’t get a good pic.

I bought a brittle starfish last night and he wouldn’t let go of his rock hole so I got the rock as part of my purchase. I just found a tiny eel poking it’s head out one of my adjoining rocks. He’s really small but I’m worried about my tank residents. I have an arrow crab, Scarlett hermit, fighting conch, emerald crab, pin cushion urchin, Haitian anemone, Pygmy angel, fire goby, and an orchid dottyback. Any advice as to how to handle this stowaway is appreciated. Thank you.

0342B735-BF82-41A8-A0BD-B4760BE882D2.jpeg
sell the eel, they cost a pretty penny.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back