Anenome and Mandarin, should I be worried?

OP
OP
D

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stop flow and he is in this tiny 15g tank with a Pavo damsel from biota as well. The Pavo is tiny as well. It’ll go in the display when I find the two clowns I want for the 15g.

I do stop flow but that’s about it. I don’t thaw the food either. Just float it i. I also make suelte the pellets sink to the bottom, he doesn’t get those from the top.

OP
OP
D

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mandarins are supposed to have an extra thick slime coat, which is why people say they are less likely to get ich. maybe that will help protect it from the nems stings. Just a guess.
I actually thought the same but wasn’t sure.

Ben549

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stop flow and he is in this tiny 15g tank with a Pavo damsel from biota as well. The Pavo is tiny as well. It’ll go in the display when I find the two clowns I want for the 15g.

I do stop flow but that’s about it. I don’t thaw the food either. Just float it i. I also make suelte the pellets sink to the bottom, he doesn’t get those from the top.
i have a massive starry blenny that will take 1/4 cubes whole(still frozen). it's absolutely ridiculous

Ben549

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll give that a try, i use a long pipette to get the food down to the bottom, very little/nothing makes it to bottom otherwise

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for all the help as my dummy keeps missing certain pieces of info.

Here’s the situation: Biota Mandarin is super small, everyone helped me determine this little dude won’t survive the female on the big 140g tank so it will live in a little 15g tank with anemone’s and eventually a couple clowns.

The question: At the moment I don’t have the clowns yet, I haven’t decided on two I liked. I do have a couple of anemones in my 15g tank, should I be worried about the <1” mandarin drifting into and getting eaten by an anemone?

Thanks again!
No, nems dont just eat fish. Only one Ive heard of was a carpet nem. I keep large BTAs with mandarins and small damsels, no issues

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back