Angels / fish stocking

ReeferTang44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a angel have a 90 gallon with hammers acans Zoas blastos Duncan Kenya tree mushrooms any ideas for some that are reef safe / more safe angles and what are some other really cool trophy fish ( good looking reef safe that can fit in 90 gallons )

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bellus Angel in 90 gallon.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any angels other than those from the Genicanthus genus are a roll of the dice when it comes to reef safe. That being said a lot of people have luck with several different Centeopyge or Pygmy angels. They are hit or miss, meaning each fish is an individual and you just never know. Some people have Coral Beauties that don’t bother anything while others have nothing but problems with theirs.

Boreas_SA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even Genicanthus is a bit of a gamble, less so than the rest, but I've had bellus angels destroy some of my Micromussa corals. My pyramid butterflies are even nipping my clove polyps, so very difficult to find a 100% reef safe fish out of a family of normally non-reef safe fish, but there are definitely success stories out there.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any angels other than those from the Genicanthus genus are a roll of the dice when it comes to reef safe. That being said a lot of people have luck with several different Centeopyge or Pygmy angels. They are hit or miss, meaning each fish is an individual and you just never know. Some people have Coral Beauties that don’t bother anything while others have nothing but problems with theirs.
My coral beauty never nipped at anything until I placed a lemon peel in the aquarium. The CB learned a few pointers from the LP and will peck a bit. The CB is on its way out because it bullies my smaller watanabei to the point where she can’t even go into any rock structure.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back