Annual End Of Year CLEARANCE SALE Begins NOW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a question you don’t see much in this hobby. Lol!

It's a no win situation for a vendor. So many vendors post pics under blue light and folks comment how they are doctored as evident by the blue background. Others shoot pics on an all black background or cut out the background and switch it to black--some say for contrast and pop and others say to conceal enhancement. I try to take pics under more neutral lighting instead of all blue. With so many variations of types and settings of lighting it is impossible to satisfy everyone. Trying to shoot pics under multiple lighting and posting multiple pics is not practical since we post hundreds weekly. When folks make special requests for photos we try to accommodate them as quickly as possible.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a no win situation for a vendor. So many vendors post pics under blue light and folks comment how they are doctored as evident by the blue background. Others shoot pics on an all black background or cut out the background and switch it to black--some say for contrast and pop and others say to conceal enhancement. I try to take pics under more neutral lighting instead of all blue. With so many variations of types and settings of lighting it is impossible to satisfy everyone. Trying to shoot pics under multiple lighting and posting multiple pics is not practical since we post hundreds weekly. When folks make special requests for photos we try to accommodate them as quickly as possible.
Well I'm a fan of your current pics. True as you can get. Thanks for keeping it on the straight and level.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is why I spend more time on your site than pretty much anybody else’s. The cheap local shipping doesn’t hurt either. It’s like getting and additional 10-20% discount on my order. Also, when the you get a personal phone call to check how your order was received, that’s good service! Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm a fan of your current pics. True as you can get. Thanks for keeping it on the straight and level.

This is why I spend more time on your site than pretty much anybody else’s. The cheap local shipping doesn’t hurt either. It’s like getting and additional 10-20% discount on my order. Also, when the you get a personal phone call to check how your order was received, that’s good service! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your comments. Actually I think a bit more blue wouldn't be a bad thing. Probably would make our pics more to what folks will see in their tanks especially if you use blue LEDs.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your comments. Actually I think a bit more blue wouldn't be a bad thing. Probably would make our pics more to what folks will see in their tanks especially if you use blue LEDs.

Yeah, I run a Radion Gen 3 and so even with the core schedule based off of Ecotech's ATI blue+ settings, it's still very blue. My lighting really determines what I buy these days =).

I'll send you an email ASAP. There are few pieces I feel that may look astonishing in my system.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the pictures so much I put in a large order with you guys today. Thanks for keeping the frag industry honest with your spot on pictures.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I remember correctly, you used to post your acans with a normal white picture and also a blue picture so you could see it under both circumstances. I really liked that way of doing it but I know it is a lot more work for you and your team.

Back