Any idea y my clowns have stopped laying eggs??

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So about two and a half months ago my clowns layed their first batch, then every 12 days like clock work. Then all.of a sudden just stopped. Its been 2 weeks maybe 3 week. The male doesnt stay in the corner with the female as much as he did before and he doesnt do all the dancing and shaking he was when they were laying eggs.. is this normal?

As a side note not sure if it has anything to do with it, but about a week before I dosed fluconazole to remove some nusance algae I was dealing with. Do you think this has anything to do with egg production?

What's your thoughts?

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know absolutely nothing about clownfish spawning. I was successful with the guppies in my fishbowl when I was five -- but that is a story for another day. ;) Here is a link with a person's experience/journal of clownfish breeding. It looks like the answer to your question is towards the bottom of the page. He has it clearly marked so you should be able to find it easily. http://www.saltwateraquariumblog.co...ly, the clownfish,them from the breeding tank. Good Luck!

OP
OP
motortrendz

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still.wondering if dosing the fluc had any affect on their schedule. Or maybe he annoyed her and she sent him packing for a bit hah

eea60123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a marital spat. He did something wrong and has no idea what it was and now she can’t get rid of a headache. Maybe he’ll get lucky and figure out what he did so he can fix it so he can get lucky. Kinda like the saying “call a clownfish beautiful 1,000,000 times and she get over it. Call her a cow fish once and she’ll never forget because elephants remember everything”

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a marital spat. He did something wrong and has no idea what it was and now she can’t get rid of a headache. Maybe he’ll get lucky and figure out what he did so he can fix it so he can get lucky. Kinda like the saying “call a clownfish beautiful 1,000,000 times and she get over it. Call her a cow fish once and she’ll never forget because elephants remember everything”
I'm sure it was his tone of voice -- or in their case, he rudely wagged his fins at her.

OP
OP
motortrendz

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was probably too busy not listening and agreed to something and then didnt follow through bc to him the conversation never happened. .... wait are we still talking about my fish or me. Lol

eea60123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably looked at some other fishes butt as she swam by. Marlin was checking Dorie out, but she can’t remember it even happened. Gets them every time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back