Any Reefers near the SW Suburbs?

AtlantiCat

41% Salt, 59% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody headed out to the show in Lisle today? I'll be there when it opens, still in the ratty red/blue/black Snap-On Racing jacket.

Also discovered another shop, conveniently in Lisle, called Reefwise. It's at 5401 Patton Drive, about 10 minutes away from the show, so worth checking.

AtlantiCat

41% Salt, 59% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record, there's even more people here this year than last year and the room is impossibly packed. I can't even get in front of most vendors to see the merch. Won't be doing this one again unless they move it to a bigger location.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mermaids Delight frags are still doing well in qt though they haven't got their color back yet. Probably because of the cheap light I have on the qt
1000069486.jpg

OP
OP
Lord_Mort

Lord_Mort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I did a 100% water change on Saturday but it had already sat too long. The bristle worms were dyeing off and making matters worse. On Sunday morning, the water already smelled and the polyps were closing up. I've already torn the tank down and have someone coming to pick up the survivors later today. (I put them in a bucket of clean water with a heater and a pump)
Turns out my wife was not happy with the location of the tank so this seems like a good time for both of us to take a break. I'm going to save the hardware. Perhaps in a few years, (and when my son is a little older) I will try again.

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I did a 100% water change on Saturday but it had already sat too long. The bristle worms were dyeing off and making matters worse. On Sunday morning, the water already smelled and the polyps were closing up. I've already torn the tank down and have someone coming to pick up the survivors later today. (I put them in a bucket of clean water with a heater and a pump)
Turns out my wife was not happy with the location of the tank so this seems like a good time for both of us to take a break. I'm going to save the hardware. Perhaps in a few years, (and when my son is a little older) I will try again.
When you try again let me know! Anything I have multiple polyps/branches of is yours for free.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back