Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of them
Fan of donuts ;Smug;Joyful

lol.. there’s a place in Linden called the Apple house, it’s been there forever and they make the best old fashion cinnamon sugar doughnuts ;Drool I have been eating them for almost 50 years! it’s right off the exit on 66 and definitely worth giving a try.

ohlero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol.. there’s a place in Linden called the Apple house, it’s been there forever and they make the best old fashion cinnamon sugar doughnuts ;Drool I have been eating them for almost 50 years! it’s right off the exit on 66 and definitely worth giving a try.
Exit 13

OA3B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I'm new I have a 55gal and 15gal sump. My tank just finished it's cycle and now I'm just waiting on my clowns to get through qt. Are you fish only or do you have corals?

I have a pair of tomato clowns
A scopas and mimic tang
Lawnmower blenny
Corals I have some acans (love them), Duncan coral (explosive growth)
Two hammer corals (growing well)
Zoas (it’s doing ok)
Green star polyps (doing ok)
Ricordea (recovering well)
Hairy mushrooms (doing well)
Pulsating Xenia (doing ok)
Trumpets (surviving, no growth)
Favia (the same as the trumpets)
Bushy leather (doing good)
Cyphastrea (same as the trumpets)
Montipora (same as the trumpets)
Inverts...I have a harlequin shrimp (majestic creature)
Feather dusters (nice addition imo)
Snails, crabs
Green bubble tip anemone (recovering well)
Trying my hand in the world of Acros. I just got 2 from aquasd eBay auction. Most definitely will buy from them again.

You will have a good time with this hobby. Just have to take the good with the bad.

Hope you have great success!

ohlero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds awesome. There is a local coral company here in front Royal. The coral dragon you should check them out on FB that's where I have gotten all my stuff at including my fish. You should post a picture of ur tank I'd like to see it

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple decent places around Manassas, Blue Ribbon Koi and capital aquariums.

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at blue ribbon koi today

They have some amazing display tanks! Love the floor level tidal pool :) They are a little pricey I can get better deals on corals at Capital aquarium but I have purchased a lot from BRK also.. picked up a nice acro and a few new members for my CUC last week from them.

ohlero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have some amazing display tanks! Love the floor level tidal pool :) They are a little pricey I can get better deals on corals at Capital aquarium but I have purchased a lot from BRK also.. picked up a nice acro and a few new members for my CUC last week from them.
Yeah they are but I needed a bulk head for my water tank. I haven't been to capital.

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capital is small but they have that place packed with tanks and they sell a fair amount of equipment.. decent prices for the most part and they have a loyalty program so when you earn enough stars they will give you a 20% discount on any purchase. much friendlier staff than BRK also.. lol

ohlero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capital is small but they have that place packed with tanks and they sell a fair amount of equipment.. decent prices for the most part and they have a loyalty program so when you earn enough stars they will give you a 20% discount on any purchase. much friendlier staff than BRK also.. lol
Check out https://thecoraldragon.com/. They are really good people and have really good prices.

OA3B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good info on the lfs’. I usually frequent the stores in Frederick MD. Ricks pets and Fintastik both are good with reef keeping and fish care. I also go to Dulles every once in a while to Vienna Pets.
I will look into a trip to one of the store near you all in the near future. I’m in the hunt now for some more beauty pieces.

ohlero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good info on the lfs’. I usually frequent the stores in Frederick MD. Ricks pets and Fintastik both are good with reef keeping and fish care. I also go to Dulles every once in a while to Vienna Pets.
I will look into a trip to one of the store near you all in the near future. I’m in the hunt now for some more beauty pieces.
Cool let me know

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have known Chris since the 80’s when his mom ran a small pet shop in the town of Vienna.. I used to stop and get crickets for my lizards and ended up falling in love with salt water while frequently browsing their store.

BE22F69E-5664-48D1-916B-052D16FA4B07.png

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tanks guys! Been busy working on my new tank but I haven’t mounted much to the rock yet, I’m using ocean collected live rock so trying to make sure it’s pest free first ;)

979D7AED-448E-4A83-A6CB-3EFF4A4EB47B.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back