Anyone have a traveling tank?

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has a traveling tank? This is one of our other hobbies. Just wondering if anyone has something they travel with in an RV or on a boat.

20240419_203501.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
come here kitty GIF
I live near the beach and I recently saw a cat in the front window of an RV, it looked happy to be checking out the view from the driver’s window.

I would not have a tank in an rv because of how hot it can get when parked in the summer sun. I am ok cooking a cat :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Johnd651

Johnd651

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
come here kitty GIF
I live near the beach and I recently saw a cat in the front window of an RV, it looked happy to be checking out the view from the driver’s window.

I would not have a tank in an rv because of how hot it can get when parked in the summer sun. I am ok cooking a cat :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Lol... that's why I dumped the tent. We now have A/C.

This week's view. Lake Ontario
20240419_194524.jpg

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just curious if anyone has a traveling tank? This is one of our other hobbies. Just wondering if anyone has something they travel with in an RV or on a boat.

I have a family member with a 53' boat. It has a full kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It's a big boat. It never leaves the intercostal along the Tx coast. No waters more open than a random bay here and there. That stated, there is ZERO chance that any sort of aquarium could be kept on their boat. Even on a calm day there would be water everywhere.

I guess you could have a small aquarium on some sort of self leveling stand but I honestlyvdoubt even that would work.

Maybe if you had a boat as big as the one Bezos has. Then... maybe. Lol.

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could see it work out well with one of two conditions 1) a small tank specifically built for an rv and a custom built system for moving it into the rv and back into the house or 2) be elon musk

Silly clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As DYIreefer noted, the movement of a boat or RV is too much risk. We keep our boat on the Chesapeake and in rough weather it can heel 15+ degrees. Once when a tornado passed near our anchorage, it probably was close to 45 degrees.

One of the biggest reasons I will not live on a boat is that I can’t take me horse or aquariums. The other big reason is that I would miss long showers!

OP
OP
Johnd651

Johnd651

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always curious if anyone has tried something crazy. We're out on Lake Ontario and it's been choppy all day.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%

Back