Anyone interested in a Horn shark?

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
modifyd
I have a horn shark and a 135 gallon tank with stand,canopy,wetdry filter and a mag return pump. This system doesn't fit into the new house(that's what the wife said anyway). I'll trade for a great skimmer, controller or sell or trade for?

Last edited:

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh. Yeah. This would fly with my wife. I talked about selling my 75G tank yesterday. Imagine coming home with a 135G instead. :)

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg....I wish I could get this. I mean the tank could probably be bigger but the shark is sick. I thought you weren't supposed to have a shark in anything smaller than a 250 and even that is quite small.

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a holding tank for her, I was going to be building a 1000 gal plywood tank. My wife found a house she had to have and it doesn't have a basement, so no shark/ray tank for me.

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not want to say the 135g is too small for that shark, but since you did, I think it is. It is a neat looking shark though. How much room will it need?

How big is she now? I have read that she will get from 46" to 60", so maybe 5 feet wide to be wide enough. 10' x 5' x 3' - wow, 1125 gallons - that should fill up most basement rooms, if you add in the other hardware needed. Does it need cold water, maybe 65 degs?

Matt has a lagoon, got fish in it though.

Let us know how things go.

OP
OP
M

modifyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is about 19" now and needs at least a 300 gallon(8 foot tank). She will not reach that size Eddie, even in the wild she might not get that big. She might get to be between 28" and 38" so still big. The largest adult aquarium raised horn shark I've seen is 24".

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James, I thought you were selling that tank to Abby? The shark could easily go in our lagoon once it's up and running.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back