Apex alarm code

Roloilly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to program and alarm code on Sw1 breakout box which I named Skimma. I want to get an alarm condition when the skimmer cup is full but I keep getting an error. This is the code I'm writing.

1656727198897.png

OP
OP
R

Roloilly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the format I use except I don’t have the equals sign. So for mine I would’ve used
If Skimma OPEN Then ON

Also it drives me insane that we are limited to so few characters on a switch input name.
Great it worked without the = sign. Thanks

OP
OP
R

Roloilly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great it worked without the = sign. Thanks
Now I'm trying to have the float connected to Sw2 which i named Tankov in my sump which is the safety float that will determine tank overflow to shut down the water replenish selenoid. Here is the code I wrote but it gives me an error. Screenshot_20220702-080311_APEX Fusion.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm trying to have the float connected to Sw2 which i named Tankov in my sump which is the safety float that will determine tank overflow to shut down the water replenish selenoid. Here is the code I wrote but it gives me an error. Screenshot_20220702-080311_APEX Fusion.jpg
I think the problem is the you have “Sw2” and the name of the switch “Tankov” both in the code. Try
IF Tankov OPEN Then OFF

Also, this is just code to control a ATO solenoid right, and not controlling your ATO? I only ask because if this solenoid is the only thing that stops fresh water from entering your system I would be nervous about relying just on a float switched that if it failed would constantly put fresh water into my system. For instance if you were to somehow accidentally pull one of the wires from the break out box it would open this solenoid and constantly be adding fresh water.

Just something to consider, and if this solenoid is just a redundant backup then please ignore my last paragraph.

OP
OP
R

Roloilly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the problem is the you have “Sw2” and the name of the switch “Tankov” both in the code. Try
IF Tankov OPEN Then OFF

Also, this is just code to control a ATO solenoid right, and not controlling your ATO? I only ask because if this solenoid is the only thing that stops fresh water from entering your system I would be nervous about relying just on a float switched that if it failed would constantly put fresh water into my system. For instance if you were to somehow accidentally pull one of the wires from the break out box it would open this solenoid and constantly be adding fresh water.

Just something to consider, and if this solenoid is just a redundant backup then please ignore my last paragraph.
This will be just a safety backup just in case the main one fails. Got it to work I just used Sw1Tankov using no space in between. Thanks for all the help I'm new to this. I just got the controller.

Back