Apex DOS Command help

Luis's Nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello fellow reefers! I need help with a dosing command on my Apex. I am running a AIO tank and am dosing in the rear chambers. I would like to have my DOS turn off while feeding. I only use feedA and am currently dosing Kalk.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under the advanced tab when clicking the dos tile in fusion add something like (it should auto populate as you type with a drop down menu to select from available options)

If feed_a = on then off

You could also add a defer statement if you want it to wait x amount of time before turning back on, example below would be a ten minute delay. So a separate line below the one above, like

Defer 010:00 then on

OP
OP
Luis's Nano

Luis's Nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Under the advanced tab when clicking the dos tile in fusion add something like (it should auto populate as you type with a drop down menu to select from available options)

If feed_a = on then off

You could also add a defer statement if you want it to wait x amount of time before turning back on, example below would be a ten minute delay. So a separate line below the one above, like

Defer 010:00 then on

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240116_224143_APEXFusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20240116_224143_APEXFusion.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 11

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I upload the command. It changes the ON to 000
That’s fine. That was my memory at fault there but it’s the same. Basically the 000 is a timer. 000 in this case meaning off the entire time feeda is active. If you change it to 001 then it wouldn’t turn off until one minute after feeda completed. Again, that’s my memory of it, so try it out and verify it don’t just set it and forget it.

OP
OP
Luis's Nano

Luis's Nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That’s fine. That was my memory at fault there but it’s the same. Basically the 000 is a timer. 000 in this case meaning off the entire time feeda is active. If you change it to 001 then it wouldn’t turn off until one minute after feeda completed. Again, that’s my memory of it, so try it out and verify it don’t just set it and forget it.
Awesome! Thanks for the help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back