• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Apex

Reefcube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a automatic fish feeder. Anyone have a good used one?

HelstonReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two from Neptune, but! One needs to find a food that does not clog. The programming and mechanics work fine (all be it a bit noisy) but I am yet to find a food that does not clog, over time. Mine are above the hood so are in the room environment and away from tank vapours but clogging still does reduce performance, over time. So, I just use them for holidays but not daily, when at home.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just any pellet food you think is good. I use a variety. Right now I have Spectrum pellets in. I haven't tried any flakes but I would think they would be a poor choice and just grind up into powder from the rotations.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, yes, I agree. I tried a mix and found exactly that, with flake food. Have you tried the Neptune food. It seems a crazy price and un available in the UK?
I have not tried it. I agree that it's pretty expensive and that's why I have not tried it. I understand they may not sell enough quantity to get the price down closer to other companies, but I just can't spend that much on food. I recently bought a bucket that had something like 600grams of food in it from Amazon for $44.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 131 74.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back