• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquacultured SPS - Grafted, Rare, High End... All Home Grown

Item Price
80-1000
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Colemansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, no worries, I don't think it's a stupid question nor does it derail the thread.

Some grafted pieces I purchased with grafting. These include RRC Rainbow Splice, my OG grafted piece (it was a frag from a no name imported piece).

Others have developed grafting in my system without my direct intervention. These include Spliced Nerds, Pink Caddy Splice, Red Caddy Splice, as well as others.

I have tried to develop grafting on certain pieces without success. Once I took a bunch of frags of all green RRC Rainbow Splice and mounted each one next to another millepora frag to see if the GFP would spread. I tried with 5 or 6 different milles. None of them picked up the grafting. Typically the green Rainbow Splice frags just encrusted over the other milles.

So, I can't tell you what the mechanism that causes the grafting to spread is. I suspect the more grafted pieces you have in a system, the more likely it is to spread to other corals. I've been reefing for ~18 years and never had pieces develop grafting before I introduced grafted pieces. Now that I have a lot of grafted pieces it seems that every few months I find something new with a tiny bit of GFP on it.
What is GFB short for?

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Incredible as always...great guy to buy from!

Thank you!

What is GFB short for?

GFP = Green Fluorescent Protein. It's a term that's been used to describe the green coloration on grafted / spliced corals. It's believed to be infectious. The source of this information I'm familar with is a ReefBuilders article.

If you have anymore GWS Spliced Nerds smaller frags for the $220 I'll happily purchase a frag

I cut a few the other day, I'll shoot you a PM.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you! Nope, I don't do any post processing. I take all these pics and videos with a Samsung Galaxy. These pics are under heavy blue lighting (combination of radion g5 blue, kessil A360WE, reefbrite blue xhos, and T5 blue plus). That's why certain colors, like the green fluorescent protein on the grafted pieces, pop so much in the photos.

I'm going to grab some videos of the nicest pink caddy splice frags soon, those crazy patterns will show off well. I'll also grab a video under a combo of radions with a daytime profile and T5s so people can see what they look like under whiter lighting. I know most people don't run all blue leds all day.

If you're asking what numbers I target for nutrients it's .05-.10 PO4 and 10-15 NO3. But typically my systems are running .15-.25 PO4 and anywhere 5-25 NO3.
You have to best looking Corals. How do you get the black background in the Photo's if taken under blue lighting

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You have to best looking Corals. How do you get the black background in the Photo's if taken under blue lighting

Thanks so much! It's just a sheet of black acrylic. Since a large portion of the photo is black, I typically have to turn the exposure down so the coral isn't over exposed, and typically the background fades to all black as a result.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Killer pieces man! Once I get my wedding out the way I’ll be in contact! Grounded till then! :anxious-face-with-sweat:

Congrats in advance!

I'm gonna need to get that Pink Caddy

The response has been strong. I cut some more frags over the weekend. Fortunately it grows just as fast as the normal Pink Caddy.

Reefin' rumors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the WYSIWYG frags below are available. I have a lot more than what's shown, and I also put together cut-to-order packs, so shoot me a PM if you're looking for something different than what I have in this thread. Here is a link to my cut to order thread:

CUT-TO-ORDER Thread Link

Shipping is $60, free at $500. Acro-pest free.

I ship with UPS as I find them more reliable than Fedex. Standard 2 hour DOA. If there is a delay that could not have been prevented, I will cover any losses with replacements, or a refund if replacements are not available.

Pics are under under a predominantly blue mix of G5 Radion/T5/Reefbrite/Kessil.

Follow me on instragram, I'll be posting more pics and videos regularly there as well:

Graham's Aquaculture Instagram

20240305_100200.jpg
Private/direct message you on here @r2r or @ig?

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
She’s the one that took away my money till then.. she knows what I mean haha!

Troylee is going to be stealing the cash out of his own wedding card box to buy corals when the brides not looking, haha!

Private/direct message you on here @r2r or @ig?

PM on R2r is best, thanks!

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For anyone looking for some of the sold out pieces I just added some new additions to the first post...

fluffynemo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My package came in today and man was I blown away by the size and beauty of the frags. The corals were super healthy and the polyps popped out almost immediately. I would highly recommend :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back