Aquafx booster pump leaking

Ricky P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently attempting to set up a booster pump for my RO/DI system. However, it leaks around the edges of the elbows in the pump. I have tried with and without Teflon tape. I do not want to tighten it too much for fear of breaking the plastic. Any suggestions?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

hotshot4288

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently attempting to set up a booster pump for my RO/DI system. However, it leaks around the edges of the elbows in the pump. I have tried with and without Teflon tape. I do not want to tighten it too much for fear of breaking the plastic. Any suggestions?
did you resolve your issue with the treaded elbows leaking? because i'm having the same problems lol

OP
OP
R

Ricky P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you resolve your issue with the treaded elbows leaking? because i'm having the same problems lol
Yes! We just put on way more teflon tape than seemed necessary and it magically started working. I hope this helps.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post a pic? My booster pump uses Mur-loc fittings, so I don’t have threads. It’s the little pump on the top-left.

Attachments

• 8E1A92EA-3CC6-49CF-9CDC-9AB9327BC99D.jpeg
    8E1A92EA-3CC6-49CF-9CDC-9AB9327BC99D.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 30

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 109 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back