AquaMaxx cTech T-NANO Calcium Reactor with Kamoer FX-STP2

lagoonlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I’ve decided to go with a calcium reactor, specifically the cTech T-NANO Calcium Reactor. Unfortunately I can’t find much info on people using these, although I’ve seen a few selling threads with 2 years of use, so that’s promising.

My question is, how can I use the Kamoer FX-STP2 dosing pump instead of the Sicce nano pump?
The pump looks very integrated into the design. I’d like to use an accurate dosing pump rather than a drip valve.

Here’s the Instruction manual for reference.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello all,

I’ve decided to go with a calcium reactor, specifically the cTech T-NANO Calcium Reactor. Unfortunately I can’t find much info on people using these, although I’ve seen a few selling threads with 2 years of use, so that’s promising.

My question is, how can I use the Kamoer FX-STP2 dosing pump instead of the Sicce nano pump?
The pump looks very integrated into the design. I’d like to use an accurate dosing pump rather than a drip valve.

Here’s the Instruction manual for reference.
Im familiar with this unit but it is limited to nano tanks in which few people use a reactor as its easier and cost effective to dose manually for coral management

OP
OP
L

lagoonlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m installing it on my nano SPS tank. Mostly for the experimentation and gear junky side of me. Total system volume is about 30 gallons with 17.1 gallon display.
This should help me get rid of my dosing pump reservoirs and pumps, saving a lot of space by running this in my sump.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lagoonlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I maybe misunderstanding how this works. The Sicce pump attached is simply to circulate water inside the reactor?
Then a separate lift pump is used to push water at a slow rate, their manual suggested a 3.1 GPH pump.

I should be able to put the Kamoer pump in between the effluent line, replacing the feed pump in their example?

585CA7AF-185B-4F15-88FC-7087CFCB8906.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lagoonlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im familiar with this unit but it is limited to nano tanks in which few people use a reactor as its easier and cost effective to dose manually for coral management
I’m installing it on my nano SPS tank. Mostly for the experimentation and gear junky side of me. Total system volume is about 30 gallons with 17.1 gallon display.
This should help me get rid of my dosing pump reservoirs and pumps, saving a lot of space by running this in my sump.

Sorry for the double post, forgot the reply button.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Sorry for the double post, forgot the reply button.
Ive seen this at trade shows and on video and looks like a great unit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back