Aquarium Imports

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had to go to bham today and my dad got online and found an LFS in Hoover called Aquarium Imports. I had never heard of this place. I know there used to be Aquarium Designs, and I know that Aquarium Fantasies opened up a new shop in Homewood.
Anyways went and it was pretty nice. Healthy looking fish as far as I could tell and a decent coral selection. Also had some nice dry goods.

Anyone else ever been to this store or bought from them?

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah,steve and steve...great people,ive been going there for about 10 years....little steve and i have become good buddys over the years....i think the store has been there for like 20 years.....got pretty much whatever you need and as i always say about their dry goods,if they dont have your brand,they have something that will work.....

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a great store and been there forever like Mark said. The first time I went there was around 15 years ago.

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has its ups and downs, been there forever, I go in there every couple of weeks, bought quite a few things there over the years, watch out for aptasia and mojo, { quaritine your stuff when you buy it for a few weeks before adding to your display, duh common sense, } also black beard algea in the fresh water, but those tanks have been running for a couple of decades, pretty knowledgable folks, they get salt water shipments every thursday just like the local petco on 280,all the goodies usally gone buy saturday.

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after reading my own post, it sounded kind of negitive, sorry, it is a good place to shop, I enjoy going, I guess what I was trying to say is best time to go is Thursday afternoon, to mid friday, for best selection, did not mean it to sound negitive,

Kellee5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been there and like any well established aquarium store esp with salties, it may appear dirty to the average person. They are good, a little high on prices though. FYI in the last several months the Petco in Hoover on Grove BLVD has a group of well knowledged aquarists working there and have been receiving large shipments of really awesome fish as well as corals for really low low prices. They buy from a place near Tampa and totally beat out most all others pricing! If you go, ask for Josh or Patrick! Tell em Kelly and Lee sent you. They will for sure treat you right!

Kellee5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been there and like any well established aquarium store esp with salties, it may appear dirty to the average person. They are good, a little high on prices though. FYI in the last several months the Petco in Hoover on Grove BLVD has a group of well knowledged aquarists working there and have been receiving large shipments of really awesome fish as well as corals for really low low prices. They buy from a place near Tampa and totally beat out most all others pricing! If you go, ask for Josh or Patrick! Tell em Kelly and Lee sent you. They will for sure treat you right!

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check them out.

they at first seem to be a dirty old store but they have survived for years and years as other shops have come and gone.

One thing that does seem to make me wonder is they seem to understand "my" methods. :eek:oh:

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go there occasionally and sometimes pick something up while I am there. Unfortunately there SPS selection is more than lacking, but you can often find something as far as lps and softies go. They do usually have a good fish selection. I will note prices are a little high on dry goods and some coral/fish. I really wish the dry good prices would come down a bit because I love to buy local but they are too high for me usually. Also as mentioned before be sure to quarantine as I've seen both mojo and apt as well as a few other unpleasant hitchhikers :).

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back