Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4DAC9D4C-DDB9-46BE-9E3A-2E903A381AD9.jpeg

Sorry the picture is slightly tilted :(

Anyway. I’m getting a lot of GSP (one of my favorite corals) and I originally thought about making the stacked rocks on each side fully covered with the GSP, but leaving the rest of the tank uncovered.

but I’m thinking it looks boring. I think it would look more interesting if I spread the corals out.

I was also thinking of making the tree full of zoas, but also...too simple. I kind of want a messy mix of softies everywhere.

Can an aquascaper give his/her opinion on if corals look best spread around or as groups.

PS. The center of the tank has a zenia frag on it. I plan on letting that xenia cover that rock. But I’d appreciate opinions

Last edited:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have softies mixed with a few lsp and monti's thrown in.
zoa gardens try and plan by size and color.
take a look on my build thread. don't start at the beginning. start at the end and work back for some ideas.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have softies mixed with a few lsp and monti's thrown in.
zoa gardens try and plan by size and color.
take a look on my build thread. don't start at the beginning. start at the end and work back for some ideas.
I love that aquascape! Inspired to do that coral setup as well!

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4DAC9D4C-DDB9-46BE-9E3A-2E903A381AD9.jpeg

Sorry the picture is slightly tilted :(

Anyway. I’m getting a lot of GSP (one of my favorite corals) and I originally thought about making the stacked rocks on each side fully covered with the GSP, but leaving the rest of the tank uncovered.

but I’m thinking it looks boring. I think it would look more interesting if I spread the corals out.

I was also thinking of making the tree full of zoas, but also...too simple. I kind of want a messy mix of softies everywhere.

Can an aquascaper give his/her opinion on if corals look best spread around or as groups.

PS. The center of the tank has a zenia frag on it. I plan on letting that xenia cover that rock. But I’d appreciate opinions
just a thought...might kinda look cool to do this entire lower bridge in the GSP which could highlight other types above on the higher bridge and put more interesting longer tentacled LPS on the book end towers and get a higher eclectic diversity there.

1621626001150.png

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a thought...might kinda look cool to do this entire lower bridge in the GSP which could highlight other types above on the higher bridge and put more interesting longer tentacled LPS on the book end towers and get a higher eclectic diversity there.

1621626001150.png
I love that idea! I’m going to do exactly that because it will add contrast and dimension! I’m so happy I made this thread!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back