Are there copepods in Carib sea live sand

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always see my angel fish eating tiny little white things floating around in my tank but I didn’t put any copepods or anything in my tank so could they have came from my live sand or are they not even copepods?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always see my angel fish eating tiny little white things floating around in my tank but I didn’t put any copepods or anything in my tank so could they have came from my live sand or are they not even copepods?
What else is, or has been, in the tank besides the angel? Pods will enter almost all tanks; from live rock, coral frags, even from the water in the bag the fish came in...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What else is, or has been, in the tank besides the angel? Pods will enter almost all tanks; from live rock, coral frags, even from the water in the bag the fish came in...
Two clowns and a cleaner shrimp, my rock wasn’t real live rock it was Carib sea LR

Upvote 0

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s little thing on the glass that i think are moving, i wish I could take a picture but there to small for my camera to pick up.
Prolly is pods. Can ride in with coral. Also with fish water from LFS... I don't dump in LFS water for obvious reasons tho.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prolly is pods. Can ride in with coral. Also with fish water from LFS... I don't dump in LFS water for obvious reasons tho.
I don’t either and i don't have corals so i have no idea how they got there and multiplied so fast.

Upvote 0

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are floating around it's most likely some sort of shrimp offspring. Copepods will be on substrate and glass work as majority in the hobby are non pelagic. Could of came in a number of ways but definitely not from the live sand

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are floating around it's most likely some sort of shrimp offspring. Copepods will be on substrate and glass work as majority in the hobby are non pelagic. Could of came in a number of ways but definitely not from the live sand
They look just like your pfp.

Upvote 0
Back