Are these copepods on the tank glass?

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are these copepods on the glass? The clip will expire in a couple days but just verifying it’s not ich or planaria or some parasite I need to get rid of (My yellow clown goby occasionally swims crazy up against the glass like it’s scratching itself). The tank is two months old. I had a week or two of aggressive growing diatoms, cleaned it off last week and realized this week it doesn’t seem to be growing back. Also my tank glass has been unusually no-maintenance this week of film algae, except for that one spot in the clip.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are these copepods on the glass? The clip will expire in a couple days but just verifying it’s not ich or planaria or some parasite I need to get rid of (My yellow clown goby occasionally swims crazy up against the glass like it’s scratching itself). The tank is two months old. I had a week or two of aggressive growing diatoms, cleaned it off last week and realized this week it doesn’t seem to be growing back. Also my tank glass has been unusually no-maintenance this week of film algae, except for that one spot in the clip.

Ich won't be seen on the glass.
Flatworms don't move that fast.
Probably some type of pod, but impossible to tell if large cope, small iso, or ostracods.
Shouldn't be a problem either way.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back