ATI ICP results review

stefan09w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

Just got my ICP results back from ATI attached. Tank has been up and running for about two months. Only has two clown fish in it and a few snails.

Was curious if anyone had any recommendations for these results. The aluminum seems concerning, but I'm not sure. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Stefan

Attachments

• Analyse188470.pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Analyse189580.pdf
    128.3 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
stefan09w

stefan09w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to worry about there. Especially with no coral yet. Start adding more and ICP again in 5-6 months
Would you worry about the SI in the RODI? I just changed the DI resin before I got the results back. Was still getting 0 TDS but the color change media looked exhausted. Not sure if this helps with SI or not

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you worry about the SI in the RODI? I just changed the DI resin before I got the results back. Was still getting 0 TDS but the color change media looked exhausted. Not sure if this helps with SI or not
Silicon is one of the harder things to remove from water. It will likely always be the first to show up as resin gets depleted. It also readily unbinds

Me personally, I rank it about 100 in my 99 reef problems daily. It would need to be pretty egregious for me to act on that alone. For reference, I focus primarily on SPS and maintain two large systems.

I’ve seen it reported that silicon making it through the RODI also can be attributed to much pressure, not allowing enough contact time, but in your case it was likely the depleted resin.

OP
OP
stefan09w

stefan09w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silicon is one of the harder things to remove from water. It will likely always be the first to show up as resin gets depleted. It also readily unbinds

Me personally, I rank it about 100 in my 99 reef problems daily. It would need to be pretty egregious for me to act on that alone. For reference, I focus primarily on SPS and maintain two large systems.

I’ve seen it reported that silicon making it through the RODI also can be attributed to much pressure, not allowing enough contact time, but in your case it was likely the depleted resin.
Thank you for the response. I will just continue to monitor for now, and on my next ICP try fresh resin and see if I notice a difference in the results. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back