ATI Sunpower VS Giesemann Matrixx II (Non-dimmable)

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Does anyone here have any experience with these 2 lights? I'm getting ready to start a new build and I want to use T5 lighting (Non-dimmable). I really like the look of the Giesemann Matrixx II, but looks arent everything and at the end of the day I just want a light that performs well.

Anyone care to share their opinions?

Thanks

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as I would like to hear people's thoughts on the matrix. I have been running an ati sunpower for quite a while and think its a nice light. My opinion on the fixture - It looks nice, nice reflectors, great output, good active cooling, easy to use. The only cons imo would be the fans are not quiet and honestly the build quality could be a bit sturdier. Mine got beat up pretty bad in shipping, but they sent out replacement reflectors for the fixture. Still has dents on the outside though.

Am I happy with it and would I buy it again? Yes and most likely, although there are a few sexy t5 fixture's out now that give it some competition. But my corals like it, and that is the main thing.

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go with ATI.
the whole world knows about them. they make good light and the light itself has good resale.
What led you are using now that you are not happy about?

OP
OP
R

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of the pacific sun fixtures just havent seen them in use on too many tanks.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back