ATTENTIon.!! ANYONE IN Memphis That can help SExy ouT? PLEASE!

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea we have our policy but I also feel that it's totally suck to tell the buyer oh well. So I usually eat half of it on a replacement. Unfortunately this was a biggggggg order so it was a big lost. The buyer was a really good sport about it too. Not once did he even ask for a replacement.

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this was a post to call me out but You just pmed me this morning asking me what we should do. I replied to you that I would eat half of it almost instantly. Now this post?

So did Fedex ever follow up on this one Mike or does the buyer have to eat the loss like I have to?

Last edited by a moderator:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I hate to say it but I eat it every time fed ex screwed up personnaly I always thought it was on the seller and the buyer is no responsible unless it's after the 2hr or 1hr deadline to send pics of the doa.... My assumption was any fed ex mishap is on the seller strictly??? No??? Not on anyone side here just how I always took it and handeled it.... Not sure about the case above but just shipping mishaps in general.....

mdrumm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on the vendor. Wet thumbs is Excellent and took care of us 110%; on a fed ex mishap a few weeks ago. Mr. Coral was the opposite and I ate 100% of it. So in the future-wet thumbs yes, mr. coral no.

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Mike this wasnt meant to call you out, I actually didnt see the pm's you had sent me. Just curious how FedEx took this case, because it was such a large amount, or if they pretty much ignored everything.

Like with mine they never called, just denied and then never contacted Mike or me.

I had to call 10 times and every time they gave some excuse, but I will keep trying.

mdrumm - sucks about the mrcoral deal, he credited me on items that were not the exact item I ordered, same coral but not the WYSIWYG coral I saw, as well as corals that came in half dead.

As far as other vendors and shippers, I have only ever had to pay shipping on corals DOA, but this one from Mike was one of the most expensive per frag shippments I have ever gotten.

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... this has been the most suspense I've had reading a thread since the beginning...lol:tongue:....

mike...we feel ya...:sad:

imo orders this size should be arranged for pick up lol..... too stressful to wait it out:sweat:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean it would be great if vendors and hobbyist alike both had some kind of deal where if fed ex or what ever shipping has a mishap they meet in the middle I'll take a 50 percent loss you take a 50 percent loss..."in a perfect world" since it's out of both our hands and it's not our fault either way.... But then again as a seller your looking to make the money you take the risk right not the buyer???? Doesn't seem right for a buyer who is spending money to take any risk involved here..... I mean it is what it is I guess I never read any vendors policies honestly guess I should I know that what few little mishaps that I have had when purchasing the vendor had no problem with rePlacing the pieces or box etc... I always just assumed things guess I should read the fine print.....:(

Gonzo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally offer a arrive alive guarantee no matter what. If fedex delays and it dies I take care of the customer 100%

Last edited:

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya i agree with you Troylee on the point that the buyer shouldnt be taking the risk. Shipping during off weather is a chance that vendors take as a shipper, they should be checking the weather along the packages route for delays before shipping. And then not ship if there is any chance of a delay. Most businesses understand that the risk of loss is a reality and factor replacement funds into there budgets.

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always check the weather and if I'm not 100% or the vendor isnt 100% confident then I just wait it out. I personally think the huge packs should be shipped in 2-3 shipments(depending on how large the pack is) so not all the huge pack is lost. Higher shipping but why not if your paying 1000$ plus!

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never really cared about if my packages were late until I started ordering online. The second I see a package is running late I get on the phone and **** n moan till I get my goodies. heck, I now hate it when something not time dependent is running late.

I may have missed it but, so nothing made it?

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I hate to say it but I eat it every time fed ex screwed up personnaly I always thought it was on the seller and the buyer is no responsible unless it's after the 2hr or 1hr deadline to send pics of the doa.... My assumption was any fed ex mishap is on the seller strictly??? No??? Not on anyone side here just how I always took it and handeled it.... Not sure about the case above but just shipping mishaps in general.....

Ya same here when I had my shop. The markup on the "LE" stuff is huge to have the buyer eat half 4500 retail seems really out of line imop. I wouldn't buy from anybody that doesn't offer 100% arrive alive guarantee. A part of doing business is accounting for spoilage. Buyer is only responsible if they neglect to pick up the package or kill the items after the fact. It's my resopnsiblity as a seller to get things to you (or insure it correctly). It's a real shame it happens but when you ship enough stuff it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes about half of it made it but it looked rough. .. but then they died about 2-3 days later. and he also provided pictures of the corals as soon as they arrive.

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya i was smart to do that to! Pictures of the corals, bags and thermo in the water. Just never sent them to you mike as you never asked, but i can still send them if you would like!

Just called fedex, my claim is still pending closure, over 2 months now.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea we have our policy but I also feel that it's totally suck to tell the buyer oh well. So I usually eat half of it on a replacement. Unfortunately this was a biggggggg order so it was a big lost. The buyer was a really good sport about it too. Not once did he even ask for a replacement.

I think I would of cried myself to sleep :cry: You made money as they where frags so you still have the mother colony he has nothing you didnt make as much but you didnt take a loss. Sorry just pointing out the facts :crossedlips:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back