AutoAqua - Smart ATO Nano Auto Top Off Kit

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am attempting to install the AutoAqua Smart ATO Nano and am running into some challenges. As shown in the picture below, the ATO pump is hanging on the back of my tank. The ATO reservoir (the Home Depot bucket) sits directly beneath the tank. After installing the tubing, the pre-filter, and the anti-siphon valve, I plugged the ATO unit in. Once plugged in, I can hear the pump running but no water is drawn into the tubing.

I was under the impression that the reservoir could sit underneath the tank. Maybe this isn't the case? Could this be why the pump is not drawing water into the tubing?

Appreciate your feedback!

35115D24-D779-430F-89D1-C99F446C073C.jpeg

59F07447-588C-4B68-98E5-2A7E3DA47F40.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 points:
1) check the anti siphon valve you installed to make sure it's facing the right direction
2) you may need to 'prime' the pump the first time in order for it to draw up water

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 points:
1) check the anti siphon valve you installed to make sure it's facing the right direction
2) you may need to 'prime' the pump the first time in order for it to draw up water
Sometimes we just need someone else to point out our otherwise silly and obvious mistakes! I made the mistake of assuming that the arrow on the valve pointed towards the tubing. As soon as I flipped the valve around, the ATO worked as intended. Thank you so much!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%

Back